What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

Stinkpickle

Feeling the Heat
Jan 13, 2015
Iowa
-3 and more ash going in. In fact, 90% of the wood I’ll burn this year will be ash to make room for more. Most of it is three years old and in prime burning shape right now, anyway. I have a lot of three year old white oak too, but I don’t mind giving oak a fourth year to dry...or five, or six...

Gearhead660

Feeling the Heat
Dec 20, 2018
Southern WI
7* this morning. Loaded up some well aged maple. Some is a little punky and lacking full BTU, but its going to be sunny, so that will keep house warm.

tadmaz

Feeling the Heat
Dec 21, 2017
Erin, WI
My folks are visiting and I'm running the furnace for the basement (cringe). I don't need to push the stove very hard even when 4F out. Even with insulation and drywall, heat seems to rise from the basement.

JimBear

Feeling the Heat
Dec 15, 2017
Iowa
15 here with rising temps overnight, stuffed the stove with Osage, Mulberry & a couple scraps of Cherry. Allegedly we are supposed to have moderate temps the rest of the week but up to 10” of snow.

Grizzerbear

Minister of Fire
Feb 12, 2019
SW Missoura
28 here this morning, snow changing to rain off and on basically for the next three days. I put two big splits of post oak and one medium red oak split in the stove before heading out.

Reactions: thewoodlands

Gearhead660

Feeling the Heat
Dec 20, 2018
Southern WI
Going to be mild all weekend. Fired up the insert, maple will be on the menu.