What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

Woody Stover

Minister of Fire
Dec 25, 2010
Southern IN
In my stove is a hot cat. If I take the combustor scoop out of the way, you think I can cook a hot dog in there?
20191017_213339.jpg

RandyBoBandy

Minister of Fire
Feb 25, 2015
Whitmore lake, MI
Ran a load of mostly 4-5 year old white oak last night. This morning the T-stat read 73 in the house and 31 or so outside. Cat was still at 550 after an 11 hour burn. Gotta love it. Wish I had more of this white oak. Splits are nice and uniform. Burns forever to. The morning load.... a mix of shorts and uglies.

Grizzerbear

Minister of Fire
Feb 12, 2019
SW Missoura
Last night i stuffed the stove with post oak. Woke up this morning to 29 degrees and snowing....i loaded the 74 with a mix of post and red oak on coals before heading out.

Reactions: thewoodlands

Woody Stover

Minister of Fire
Dec 25, 2010
Southern IN
Ran a load of mostly 4-5 year old white oak last night...Cat was still at 550 after an 11 hour burn. Gotta love it. Wish I had more of this white oak. Splits are nice and uniform. Burns forever to.
Yeah, I call that stuff the King of All Firewoods. >> When I see a BTU list with it equal to Red Oak, I chuckle and say "OK then, I'll trade ya some Red for your White."

RandyBoBandy

Minister of Fire
Feb 25, 2015
Whitmore lake, MI
I will take white over red any day.

Diabel

Minister of Fire
Jan 11, 2008
Ottawa, ON
Back to burnin!

A load of sugar maple (5yr old) in the VC this morning. About to put a 1/2 load of hemlock to carry me to the night load of SM. Love wood heat!

Grizzerbear

Minister of Fire
Feb 12, 2019
SW Missoura
Im on the coal end of a load of post oak that the wife put in around noon. I got a load of red and black jack oak on deck for the overnight hours going in around 9:30.

Reactions: thewoodlands

DuaeGuttae

Minister of Fire
Oct 26, 2016
Texas
I had a dragon in mine this afternoon. I had a funny branch of old live oak that I threw on top of coals. When it was offgassing at first, it actually spat out a horizontal flame. I didn't catch that in the picture, but I think the glowing eye shows up. My kids were pretty excited. 0130201357.jpg