What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I think the high here was 55. The mist finally stopped and there were a few five minute rain showers today. We will probably be burning once in the morning and once at night for quite a while still. I need a torch and more matches. Lighting two fires a day with milder temps takes a lot of kindling!

i loaded up with some random stuff this morning. maybe willow? not really sure.

We had 41 this morning,the propane fireplace provided the heat. The woods is drying out nice, we're having another nice day with our temp hitting 70.

We had 37 this morning so we used more propane.

Here it is cold wet and not very nice . Going to be that way
for the next week Fire On warm in the house

Last edited:
Reactions: thewoodlands
I think 40 was our high today and a very damp day, we have some pine going in the liberty.

We had 37 this morning with some cherry,pine,maple and a split that I'm not sure what it was throwing the heat.

It's 31 this morning with another load of firewood going in the Liberty.

I'm burning some kind of pine, and apple. It got cold here in Upstate NY and thats what I had that was nice and dry.

We had 25 this morning with a load of pine throwing some heat.

Reactions: SpaceBus
We had 35 this morning with another load of pine going in the Liberty.

We're at 37.5 with rain/sleet/snow with it turning back to rain, we have another load of pine going in the Liberty this morning.

We had 38 degrees this morning with some pine going in the Liberty, it finally stopped raining around 7:30 this morning.

We had 45 yesterday morning and the temp this morning with the sun coming up strong is 36.

More pine last night, now it’s burning itself out, was warm during the day yesterday and today is looking nice. Supposed to be high 50’s this week, so looks like overnight fires and a half load in the morning.

Ashes and pistachio nut shells are all that's in there now. It's 60º at 7pm and we still have some windows cracked open. No need for heat.

I'm done for the season. Getting ready to switch out the year old Encore for the new Intrepid I bought this year. Was hoping to get that done before the season ended so I could at least get the break in fires done so I'm good to go this coming season.

Our season was cut seriously short, around 8.5 cords I think, when we started a major construction project at the end of March that surrounds that chimney. We have another two weeks left on that project, by which time stove season will likely be nearly over.

The forecast low for tonight is 33 so we're having a couple of fires with the pine we brought in about a week ago. The forecast low for tomorrow night is 36 so we might have a few more fires.

Cold rainy day. All day! To heck with it. Half a load of pine covered with Elm. Feels great:cool: Wife was getting chilly. That has been taken care of.

We had 32.2 this morning with the propane fireplace supplying the heat.

I ran 2 fires both all cherry the last 2 days. I couldn't believe I ran a fire in the middle of May! I guess I'm just cheap. haha

House only got to 78*, wife was cold then started stripping off layers. I made a comment about "I wish I could run fires in July if this is what I get "and got a pretty crappy look.

We had 41 this morning with tomorrow mornings low around 45 so I have a fire in the Liberty tonight. We have enough wood inside for another fire but we'll see what temps mother nature brings us.