What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
It was 21 this morning with some of the maples,beech and a couple splits of ash going in the Liberty.

Reactions: MMH and Grizzerbear
It was 26 this morning but will warm to around 50 today. One big hickory round in the back bottom, a black jack oak split in front, and topped off with 3 various smallish oak rounds in the 74.

We have a forecast low of 20 tonight, I'll load up some hard & soft maple for the overnight load.

Reactions: Grizzerbear
With the weather being so up and down, I am cleaning up the y

ard. Burning punky & dry rotted wood. Getting about 6 hrs out of a full stove as it is not much better than Burning cardboard & paper. Have some crazy cool secondaries going on...

It was 24.8 this morning with the Liberty getting a load of cherry and maple. This weekend looks like it could be a wet one so we'll make sure we get wood in before the system moves in.

It was 32 this morning. I just threw in some random odds and ends chunks this morning to get them burned up. When i get home tonite i will reload the pallet on the front porch. Still burning just at night and small load in mornings until weather cools off this thursday with rain and maybe snow friday-saturday. I hope it does....this winter has been crappy warm.

Reactions: thewoodlands
Cherry & Siberian elm this morning & thru a bunch of odds pieces of Honey Locust in tonight.

E0775A7F-1BA6-4E3B-92A5-9B746A65942F.jpeg

The temp is 28.2 tonight with the Liberty getting three splits of cherry and four maple splits, two splits each of sugar and soft.

It was 32 this morning. I just threw in some random odds and ends chunks this morning to get them burned up. When i get home tonite i will reload the pallet on the front porch. Still burning just at night and small load in mornings until weather cools off this thursday with rain and maybe snow friday-saturday. I hope it does....this winter has been crappy warm.
Winter has been pretty $hitty in terms of it being actual winter. We got almost a foot of snow early November and now it’s going to be 50 and rainy this weekend. It’s early January and it’s been above 40 for a good part of it.

Seasonally cold this morning before above average returning tomorrow. Ash in the insert, ash and walnut in the Tundra.

We had 28.4 this morning with another load of the maples going in the Liberty.

We had - 4.8 this morning, the Liberty received more sugar maple.

I have a mix or red oak, white oak, and sassy in the stove at the moment. Loaded at 9:30 last night. Cat temps are still at 900 degrees
That is a very nice burn

We had 18 last night so I ran a bag of pellets through the stove, this morning it was 36.1 with some soft maple going in the Liberty.

Put in some Mulberry & 2 small rounds of Osage this morning. It should keep the shack warm till evening when I get home.

16* here with 20mph north winds so I decided to put in some Osage that is 40+ years old. I helped my Dad set the posts when I was a youngster. I cut the posts up when he took the fences out a couple years ago.

86226B5A-797B-41BA-B23B-1C6F89C843E6.jpeg

16* here with 20mph north winds so I decided to put in some Osage that is 40+ years old.

Sweet jesus.....you are now entering unknown territory.

Its 35 now but will be in twenties tomorrow with freezing rain here soon then snow. Just put a bunch of smaller post oak rounds in the stove as it has been idle for last couple days.