What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
We had 24.2 this morning with some ashes going out to the fireplace and then the Liberty received a small load of cherry splits.

Reactions: Grizzerbear
It's 30.2 tonight with five splits of cherry going in the Liberty.

We had 28.4 this morning with some soft maple going in the wood stove.

2717581F-155B-4708-B129-31171BF60551.jpeg
Found a few logs that was covered by the previous owner of the house. I’m pretty sure it’s red oak. Not sure how long it was sitting there but let me tell you it was extremely hard to split compared to fresh oak. I put a few in the stove and it lite right up. Seasoned for sure!

No burning this week. It's very warm and I've been too busy celebrating Christmas . Today I moved wood to the front porch and splits some kindling in preparation for colder weather in January.

The temp jumped from 34 to 38 tonight, more cherry for the overnight fire in the Liberty.

Reactions: MMH
We had 40 this morning with more cherry going in the Liberty.

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. Weather has been quite mild for December but back to highs in the 20-30 area and lows of single digits, brought some mahogany and juniper in for the next couple nights; back to higher temps next week.

It has cooled off a little here...its 45 now so i through a few oak splits in the stove to knock the chill out of house. I will let it burn out and probably wont reload until tomorrow night after t-storms and cold front pass through.

The last I looked it was 30.2, more cherry tonight.

21.4 this morning with more cherry going in the wood stove.

Its still "warm" here for normal late december but at a damp dreary 45 degrees with 15mph winds and just getting in from helping a friend cs some wood i threw two decent chunks of post oak in and two little splits of red.

Reactions: thewoodlands
The manual as we haven’t gotten it installed yet. We hope it will be done at the end of the week if the insulated liner arrives in time. Some cool air might move down by then, too, so maybe I’ll get a chance to break it in.

(I can’t find the cooking posts now, but I just started a thread in the inglenook for such things if you want to share there @thewoodlands, @SpaceBus, or others.)

The manual as we haven’t gotten it installed yet. We hope it will be done at the end of the week if the insulated liner arrives in time. Some cool air might move down by then, too, so maybe I’ll get a chance to break it in.

(I can’t find the cooking posts now, but I just started a thread in the inglenook for such things if you want to share there @thewoodlands, @SpaceBus, or others.)
I was just about to post the pizza I'm baking on this thread, before I realized you even tagged me ;lol

It's been raining since 6:15 tonight when it was 32.2, the temp is 31.2 at the moment with the Liberty scheduled for another load of cherry tonight.

We have a temp of 32 with a steady rain, more cherry in the Liberty.

It was 60 degrees at 11:30pm last night...so ash right now, but not the wood, actual ash.

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk