What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

Jan Pijpelink

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2015
South Jersey
Pine. And I am so worried that something weird will happen, because of Pine........

weatherguy

Minister of Fire
Feb 20, 2009
Central Mass
We had 31 this morning with a load of the maples seeing action in the Liberty.
You'll be near zero end of the week, winter storm coming Tuesday in the northeast so we can stretch our stoves out this week.

Reactions: thewoodlands

Diabel

Minister of Fire
Jan 11, 2008
Ottawa, ON
Reach out to your “primo” stacks boys and girls. Two days of arctic blast is coming!

Diabel

Minister of Fire
Jan 11, 2008
Ottawa, ON
Wednesday and Thursday the menu will consist of sugar, BL and HL

Diabel

Minister of Fire
Jan 11, 2008
Ottawa, ON
Indeed, wood stoves are just space heaters. In my case the NG will be helping some.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
Foothills of The Adirondacks
Most weather sites are calling for a low of 17 but we're at 15 tonight, tonight the Liberty has a load of yellow birch going and the pellet stove has been off since this morning.

The basement was still 75 before the fire was started in the Liberty so we shouldn't need the pellet stove tonight.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
Foothills of The Adirondacks
It was 16.8 this morning, I took some ashes out and then started a nice fire with some yellow birch and soft maple. With the colder temps coming in tomorrow, we put in two loads of firewood this morning, it included hard maple, soft maple and some rounds of ironwood.

Reactions: Grizzerbear

weatherguy

Minister of Fire
Feb 20, 2009
Central Mass
First serious cold here tomorrow night, I have some nice dry hickory and oak saved just for the occasion.

Gearhead660

Dec 20, 2018
WI
Cold start with high in the teens today. Load of apple and load of walnut.

heavy hammer

Minister of Fire
Jul 18, 2015
Kirtland Ohio
Were supposed to have temps in the mid teens tonight so locust and ash will keep the stoves fed for the next day or so.