What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

Microduck17

Burning Hunk
Dec 21, 2017
New Concord Ohio
40F here today 4 large red oak splits going in shortly. Going to get things hot then turn it down for a low slow fire . Then I'm heading to the woods and scouting a new hunting area and putting up a tree stand for Muzzle loader season.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Hksvr4

Dec 3, 2019
NY
A mix of hard wood from a supplier. Seasoned for 2 years he says. Lights up easy and has that hollow sound when you stack them. This is one of them.
image.jpg

Reactions: thewoodlands

heavy hammer

Minister of Fire
Jul 18, 2015
Kirtland Ohio
Hksvr4 is that ash?

heavy hammer

Minister of Fire
Jul 18, 2015
Kirtland Ohio
Do you have some other pics from some other pieces it looks like ash but the first pic you posted could also be locust. But I'm going to say ash. Great wood.

heavy hammer

Minister of Fire
Jul 18, 2015
Kirtland Ohio
Looks like ash to me. Nice looking stuff.

Reactions: Stinkpickle

Microduck17

Burning Hunk
Dec 21, 2017
New Concord Ohio
39 and foggy tossed in a few small sticks and splits about an hour ago, air control is almost completely closed. Low and slow tonight just enough to keep the chill and damp at bay.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

weatherguy

Minister of Fire
Feb 20, 2009
Central Mass
I've been mostly burning ash and maple, saving oak and hickory for real winter. I also mix bio bricks XL when its cold and have a pallet of NEIL's for the real cold to come.

Reactions: heavy hammer

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
Foothills of The Adirondacks
Dont you have 100 acres of woodland?
We have 142 more or less but since we had the pellet stove before the land I cut on, we still use it. Also heating from the basement, it's always nice to have that constant heat from the pellet stove when the fire from the wood stove starts to die out.

The more or less comes off of the deed from the bigger piece I cut on, the house lot is 5.5 acres and the bigger lot is 136 acres more or less on the deed.

Last edited:
Reactions: heavy hammer

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
Foothills of The Adirondacks
We have a temp of 14.5 tonight with NOAA calling for a low of 11, we have some yellow birch, sugar and soft maple going in the Liberty with the Yankee pellet stove set on manual with the temp setting on medium for the night.

Reactions: Hksvr4