What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Yee-Haw a real warm 6*F this morning down in our valley. Loaded up the stove with some Ash and will likely need to run 3 fires today. Super excited because I don't think I've burned but 1/3 to 1/2 a cord so far this season. This is a whole cord less than last year so far.

Had some maple and cherry last night. Got down to 9 last night. Loaded the stove this morning with the same. House was 62 when I woke up. Not complaining with those temps.

had a low near 0 couple nights ago so threw some mahogany in, otherwise still playing roller coaster the temps for the last several days are highs 35-45 lows in the 20s no snow.

We had a low of minus 10.1 this morning, the pellet stove is off and the Liberty has a load of sugar maple going. We do have some wind which makes it feel colder so maybe the day will be spent near the fire.

It's minus 6.9 tonight, I'll go with just the pellet stove tonight.

Couple good pieces of oak with some maple and cherry
20191219_212924.jpg

Three splits of post oak in the buck this morning with 31 degrees. Its going to get to high 40s today but then seven day forecast shows high fifties and low sixties. Looks like just nightly fires here for the next week or so.

Reactions: thewoodlands
-1 here now - full load of Elm. Pretty much all I have for this winter. I think some poplar and punky ash might be dry enough to burn this year if I need it.

We had minus 12.7 this morning but we had a few things that were on the schedule so we set the furnace on 64 while we were gone.

NOAA is calling for minus 4 tonight, I'll set the furnace at 64 and start burning wood again tomorrow once we get things straightened around.

Reactions: heavy hammer
We had 0 this morning with a load of the maples going in the Liberty.

We had some cold temps the last few days mid teens at night, but today we had 40's and sun tomorrow we could see 50. We went from keeping the stove loaded to almost no fire at all. Right now temps are 36 with just the basement stove going with little ash. Should be easy to have a warm house now temps all next week are in the 40's

It's 14 tonight with NOAA calling for a low of 15, I ended up sleep testing the old recliner so the pellet stove will be used tonight for heat.

We had a temp of 22.2 this morning with some yellow birch,sugar maple and soft maple seeing some action in the Liberty.

It was in the low 40s this afternoon. Ladies went crazy with Christmas cooking and baking the lower level of the house went to 79. Mid 40s tomorrow and more baking. Stove went cold this morning. Might do a cold start tomorrow night or likely Tue morning.

Our high today was 38 with the temp at 33 tonight, the Liberty has three splits of cherry and two smaller splits of yellow birch for the overnight load.

The temps have been pretty mild and the sun warms the house up pretty nice so we have only been having fires at night or the house is in the 80's.

62 here today so i let the stove burn out this morning. Its suppose to be near record temps next couple days with lows in mid 30s. 67 for a high christmas day! Its just medium size loads at night to hold the house to temp until this weekend when it cools back off.

We had 28 this morning with a load of soft maple going in the wood stove, our high today was 45.

Tonight we could hit 19 so the Liberty has a load of yellow birch and soft maple for the overnight fire.

We had 22 this morning with some cherry,sugar and soft maple warming the house.

Merry Christmas