What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
We had 36 last night and 41 this morning, both loads were soft maple. Our rain should be starting pretty quick with the ice starting around 3 a.m.

Reactions: JimBear
It's about 33.9 tonight with rain, the Liberty has a load of the maples going for the overnight load.

Heading to single digits tonight, more Osage mid 1970’s vintage.

9F0A5400-3461-4FA9-BDB0-6FD96D158219.jpeg

No burning since last week. Balmy 72* today and more warm, wet weather this week. Crazy...I thought I might not have enough dry wood for this winter but with this weather, I think I will make it.

We're heading down to 9 tonight so we'll go with a load of Sugar Maple with one round of American Hophornbeam.

We had 20.9 this morning, we have another load of soft & sugar maple going,

Reactions: Grizzerbear
It was 28 this morning but its suppose to make it to 52 today. I put two splits of white oak and 3 rounds of post oak in the stove.

We had 22.4 this morning with a load of soft & sugar maple providing the heat.

It's 30.7 tonight with a load of soft maple with two sugar maple splits going in the Liberty.

We had 30.2 this morning, most of the firewood that went in the Liberty was Soft Maple. Tonight will be another warm night for January (low 20's) and then the cold comes in.

Reactions: Grizzerbear
Trying to burn down some coals from this mornings Mulberry then going to pack some Mulberry & Osage in. Supposed to be around 0* & blustery here tonight with a high of 18* tomorrow.