What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
-3 and more ash going in. In fact, 90% of the wood I’ll burn this year will be ash to make room for more. Most of it is three years old and in prime burning shape right now, anyway. I have a lot of three year old white oak too, but I don’t mind giving oak a fourth year to dry...or five, or six...

7* this morning. Loaded up some well aged maple. Some is a little punky and lacking full BTU, but its going to be sunny, so that will keep house warm.

My folks are visiting and I'm running the furnace for the basement (cringe). I don't need to push the stove very hard even when 4F out. Even with insulation and drywall, heat seems to rise from the basement.

We had minus 9.6 this morning, the Pellet Stove was turned off and another load of Sugar Maple is still going in the Liberty.

Reactions: Grizzerbear
It's 21.4 tonight with another load of soft and hard maple going in the Liberty.

15 here with rising temps overnight, stuffed the stove with Osage, Mulberry & a couple scraps of Cherry. Allegedly we are supposed to have moderate temps the rest of the week but up to 10” of snow.

28 here this morning, snow changing to rain off and on basically for the next three days. I put two big splits of post oak and one medium red oak split in the stove before heading out.

Reactions: thewoodlands
We had 24.2 this morning with another load of the maples going in the Liberty.

We had a high of 30 today with the temp @ 24.8 tonight, more soft and sugar maple going in the wood stove.

About 30*. Will stay there all day with flurries. Hodge podge or oak, maple, ash, and walnut.

We had 14.7 this morning with more of the maples going in the wood stove.

It's 27 degrees tonight with more maple going in the wood stove,

We had 24.6 this morning with a load of the maples providing the heat.

33.4 tonight with more maple going in the Liberty.

Going to be mild all weekend. Fired up the insert, maple will be on the menu.

It's 33.4 tonight with another load of maple in the wood stove.

It's 33.5 tonight with some soft & sugar maple going in the Liberty.