What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
We had 33.6 this morning with more maple going in the wood stove. Tonight AccuWeather is calling for a low of 25 so if the wireless reads another 33. something, we have something wrong with it.

Reactions: Grizzerbear
AccuWeather is calling for a low of 25 tonight, another load of the maples going in the Liberty.

In my stove is a hot cat. If I take the combustor scoop out of the way, you think I can cook a hot dog in there?
20191017_213339.jpg

We had 25.7 this morning with our wireless receiver getting some new batteries and the outdoor station getting charged up even though that was still good.

Ran a load of mostly 4-5 year old white oak last night. This morning the T-stat read 73 in the house and 31 or so outside. Cat was still at 550 after an 11 hour burn. Gotta love it. Wish I had more of this white oak. Splits are nice and uniform. Burns forever to. The morning load.... a mix of shorts and uglies.

Last night i stuffed the stove with post oak. Woke up this morning to 29 degrees and snowing....i loaded the 74 with a mix of post and red oak on coals before heading out.

Reactions: thewoodlands
We had 13.2 this morning, last night I burned a bag of pellets and started burning the wood stove this morning.

Ran a load of mostly 4-5 year old white oak last night...Cat was still at 550 after an 11 hour burn. Gotta love it. Wish I had more of this white oak. Splits are nice and uniform. Burns forever to.
Yeah, I call that stuff the King of All Firewoods. >> When I see a BTU list with it equal to Red Oak, I chuckle and say "OK then, I'll trade ya some Red for your White."

I will take white over red any day.

We had minus 4.2 this morning with another load of soft & sugar maple going in the wood stove.

Back to burnin!

A load of sugar maple (5yr old) in the VC this morning. About to put a 1/2 load of hemlock to carry me to the night load of SM. Love wood heat!

Im on the coal end of a load of post oak that the wife put in around noon. I got a load of red and black jack oak on deck for the overnight hours going in around 9:30.

Reactions: thewoodlands
I had a dragon in mine this afternoon. I had a funny branch of old live oak that I threw on top of coals. When it was offgassing at first, it actually spat out a horizontal flame. I didn't catch that in the picture, but I think the glowing eye shows up. My kids were pretty excited.0130201357.jpg