What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
We had 23.5 this morning with more of the maples going in the wood stove.

Reactions: Grizzerbear
We had 27.6 this morning with more of the maple mixture going in the Liberty. We had a high of 42.6 today, it looks like this coming weekend we'll have some colder temps that are in the single digits at night.

Tonight it's 27.5 with another load of the maples providing the heat.

Last edited:
We had 33 this morning with a post oak load to warm the house. It got close to 60 today so stove went cold. It's 45 now with a low of 42 tonight and raining with around 2 inches by tomorrow night. I have a half load of red oak in the stove to warm the house for the nght.

Reactions: thewoodlands
Amateurs...

Spicy chicken green pepper flatbread pizza!

20200224_015132.jpg

We had 31.5 this morning with the Liberty seeing more of the same types of firewood we've been burning.

Just burnin down some coals, while waiting thought I’d try the first cooking try, couldn’t remove my top as the stoves been going all day but threw some kindling in and tried it. Wasn’t too bad needed to get it a little hotter though. Tonight and tomorrow night are hitting around 10 again so more mahogany for the next couple nights. Cheers
EF72E9C2-4C76-4B4C-B60E-0AC921E4303C.jpeg

7B89B53F-2A7A-4A7B-B806-162E0806033E.jpeg

8F59361F-C9E9-4B59-A5B3-61AA888FC824.jpeg

We had 31.2 this morning with a load of the maples going in the wood stove. Tomorrow we have some rain coming in changing over to snow (4-6 inches) so today we'll put in more wood.

Reactions: MMH and Grizzerbear
Just burnin down some coals, while waiting thought I’d try the first cooking try, couldn’t remove my top as the stoves been going all day but threw some kindling in and tried it. Wasn’t too bad needed to get it a little hotter though. Tonight and tomorrow night are hitting around 10 again so more mahogany for the next couple nights. Cheers
View attachment 257555
View attachment 257556
View attachment 257557

Thanks for posting pictures.

A very frustrating load of cherry and oak and cottonwood. My chimney is pouring smoke even with the cat at1400+ degrees.

Oak, oak, and oak. Seems like a waste with temps around 30, but makes for nice, long burn times.

We had 30.9 this morning with more of the same going in the Liberty,

Smoke or steam?
It’s smoke. Something is in there that is probably to wet and just smoldering. It took a couple cycles of the damper just to keep a flame in the stove and the cat from going nuke. I’m into a questionable section of wood at the moment.

It's 35.0 tonight with the same mixture of firewood going in the Liberty.

It’s smoke. Something is in there that is probably to wet and just smoldering. It took a couple cycles of the damper just to keep a flame in the stove and the cat from going nuke. I’m into a questionable section of wood at the moment.
I had a few similar burns this week. temps around 40-50 but needed to take the chill off inside . I threw in some pallet wood with cherry and oak last night and still had a hard time getting the temp up. colder weather coming in this afternoon though.

I'm in 24 hour burn mode now with temps in 40s. I load up with red oak before I go to bed, and don't reload until the next night. Still lots of coals, and house is at 70.

We had 36.2 this morning with rain overnight, once the temps started dropping I made a fire. The rain changed to snow so I used the 4540 to plow the slush/snow off the driveway.

North of us by about 14 miles about 1500 people are without power, I'm not sure if it's weather related or something else.