What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

moresnow

Minister of Fire
Jan 13, 2015
Iowa
21F here now. Low of 13F predicted according to my know it all electronic devise (phone). Elm load went in a hour ago. Toasty warm.

MissMac

Minister of Fire
Dec 4, 2017
NW Ontario
Woke up to -26*C this morning, so loaded up a bunch of uglies - white birch and jack pine, and let it rip with the fans on. Cats are happy now. Almost time to reload half-load.

Diabel

Minister of Fire
Jan 11, 2008
Ottawa, ON
Woke up to -26*C this morning, so loaded up a bunch of uglies - white birch and jack pine, and let it rip with the fans on. Cats are happy now. Almost time to reload half-load.
I do the same, when it is super cold i load the Princess with uglies (1/2 load) and let it rip. And reload every 4-5h or as often as heat needed.

MMH

Jan 21, 2019
NV
High hit almost 60 today, mid to high 50s yesterday, just pine fires at night, even with my pine I’m getting 12 hour burns (+\- depending on air level obviously). Temps supposed to plummet again in a few days. Mahogany in the line up again

Feb 2, 2020
Madison, WI
Spring shoulder season decided it wanted to start this weekend so after a load of oak tonight I'll be burning cherry for the foreseeable future.

HisTreeNut

Minister of Fire
Nov 3, 2014
Burnsville, NC
In the 30's with a mix of cherry, pine, and effing poplar (lol). House is toasty and wifey is warm. Good times.
I am not sure if it is the wood, the milder weather, the new insulatuon on the house, or the family has finally listened to me on how to build fires & such, but this year is the best my stove has ever burned. Not complaining but enjoying it actually.

Grizzerbear

Minister of Fire
Feb 12, 2019
SW Missoura
The stove has been cold since yesterday morning. It was in the 60s yesterday with a low of 49 last night and the extended forecast is looking the same. I will be down to running one overnight load per day for now it looks. I dug and set a corner post yesterday and saw flock after flock of snow geese heading north. Spring is comin folks.