What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

woodey

Burning Hunk
Feb 8, 2018
ST. Lawrence Valley N.Y.
A mild 42 here tonite, just ashes and some hot embers in the Kuuma, will let the propane take over for a day or two before starting in with the wood when cooler weather arrives. My neighbor had a chimney fire tonite- BURN SAFE.

Reactions: Grizzerbear

Grizzerbear

Minister of Fire
Feb 12, 2019
SW Missoura
Its 45 now with a forecasted low of 40. I am putting a half load of red oak in the stove for the night and will let it go out. Its going to be in the 60s for highs the next seven days at least so this will be my routine for now.

shortys7777

Burning Hunk
Nov 15, 2017
Smithfield, RI
I didn't even load my stove last night. The warmer temps have been nice. house only got down to 64 over night. 42 outside this morning. Put some maple and cherry in to keep the boiler from turning on. At this rate I might still have some wood left in my storage rack near the house at the end of the season. More warm temps coming back Sunday.

Reactions: MMH and Grizzerbear

Tar12

Minister of Fire
Dec 9, 2016
Indiana
Been running Oak all winter but with the recent warmer temps I have been running nothing but night fires..

Grizzerbear

Minister of Fire
Feb 12, 2019
SW Missoura
It was 32 this morning. I had a half load of post oak going before heading out. Still getting up in the fifties and sixties for highs.

Reactions: MMH

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
Foothills of The Adirondacks
It was 37.1 this morning, nothing for fire in the wood or pellet stoves today. We had a propane line installed off our 3/4 inch Wardflex running to the propane fireplace. We're getting rid of the electric stove, the new propane stove will be in by the end of the month when we make the switch.

Reactions: MMH

johneh

Minister of Fire
Dec 19, 2009
Eastern Ontario
Not too cold today -1::C tonight -11::C
Burning a little hard maple Wait a minute hard maple is all I have
So I guess I will put more in later.