What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

Feb 2, 2020
Madison, WI
Cherry tonight and tomorrow for the day load. Will be finishing off a stack of dry oak for tomorrow night (predicted low of 19 ::F) and probably oak for Saturday night. I'm thinking these will be the last times I use oak for the burning season.

hickoryhoarder

Feeling the Heat
Apr 5, 2013
Indiana
This year it's almost all white oak, cherry, and hickory. Kindling is what falls on the yard -- tulip, red maple, beech.

Next year will be almost all red oak and hickory, with a bit of cherry remaining.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
Foothills of The Adirondacks
We had 35 this morning with another load of cherry going in the wood stove,

We did put in a small load of pine before the rain and the wind get here tonight. We have four full face cord of good hardwood left that we usually would've burned by March so that will be used for the winter of 2020-2021.

Reactions: MMH and Grizzerbear

Grizzerbear

Minister of Fire
Feb 12, 2019
SW Missoura
Just ashes now. My burns are about over except for occasional overnight now. It's supposed to be in the 70s tomorrow and around 80....20 degrees above normal....thursday and friday with lows only dipping to mid 40s for the next week except saturday night will be down in the upper 30s.

Reactions: thewoodlands

kennyp2339

Minister of Fire
Feb 16, 2014
Chugging along on low throttle here, stove has a mixture of ash and Norway maple, rain developing later, temps only in the mid 30's, have the house up to 73 and a few windows cracked open for fresh air, its a good combo at the moment.
Also made a nice bonfire yesterday evening out of nothing but fallen branches, essentially busy work but it got me and the cat outside for a few hours which is needed during these times.

Reactions: Grizzerbear

moresnow

Minister of Fire
Jan 13, 2015
Iowa
41F this am. Working on a load of Elm. Breakfast prep. time for me. Newly crowned house husband since the wife is working here! Sheeesh.

Reactions: Grizzerbear