What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Cherry tonight and tomorrow for the day load. Will be finishing off a stack of dry oak for tomorrow night (predicted low of 19 ::F) and probably oak for Saturday night. I'm thinking these will be the last times I use oak for the burning season.

This year it's almost all white oak, cherry, and hickory. Kindling is what falls on the yard -- tulip, red maple, beech.

Next year will be almost all red oak and hickory, with a bit of cherry remaining.

We had 35 this morning with another load of cherry going in the wood stove,

We did put in a small load of pine before the rain and the wind get here tonight. We have four full face cord of good hardwood left that we usually would've burned by March so that will be used for the winter of 2020-2021.

Reactions: MMH and Grizzerbear
We still had some winds last night so we went with the furnace but this morning with the temp at 15.2 we had a load of cherry,maple and one round of ironwood going in the Liberty.

Reactions: Grizzerbear
Accu is calling for a low of 12 and NOAA is calling for a low of 4 so the Liberty has a load of cherry and ironwood with the pellet stove set so we'll burn the last bag of the year for us.

I'm not sure what the temp was last night (25?) but we burned some cherry and this morning it was 29.8 with some winds so we burned pine and hardwood in the Liberty.

We had 30 degrees this morning with a mixture of pine,yellow birch and soft maple going in the Liberty.

Just ashes now. My burns are about over except for occasional overnight now. It's supposed to be in the 70s tomorrow and around 80....20 degrees above normal....thursday and friday with lows only dipping to mid 40s for the next week except saturday night will be down in the upper 30s.

Reactions: thewoodlands
Later on before I hit the sleeper, I'll have a load of pine and some hardwood for the overnight burn.

Chugging along on low throttle here, stove has a mixture of ash and Norway maple, rain developing later, temps only in the mid 30's, have the house up to 73 and a few windows cracked open for fresh air, its a good combo at the moment.
Also made a nice bonfire yesterday evening out of nothing but fallen branches, essentially busy work but it got me and the cat outside for a few hours which is needed during these times.

37.9 tonight with another load of hardwood and pine going in the Lopi.

We had 28 last night and a temp of 24 this morning with both loads being hardwood.

We had 24 this morning with another load of pine and hardwood going in the Liberty.

With some heavy rain coming in tomorrow, we put in a small load of pine and hardwood in today.

It was 43.2 this morning with a load of white pine providing the heat.

It was 37 this morning with some pine and more hardwood going in the Liberty.

We're heading to 33 tonight according to NOAA so the Liberty has a load of hardwood going for the overnight fire.