What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

Gearhead660

Feeling the Heat
Dec 20, 2018
WI
Home today. Unseasonably cold. Ash burnin' in the VC.

Reactions: thewoodlands

JimBear

Feeling the Heat
Dec 15, 2017
Iowa
Mostly just ashes with a few remaining coals, supposed to be 65 today & 40 tonight. I will load some Siberian Elm & Cherry scraps tonight to keep the chill out.

kennyp2339

Minister of Fire
Feb 16, 2014
smoldering some maple and red oak, temp is 42 outside with showers and a north east breeze, I'm sitting at a comfy 73 inside

Grizzerbear

Minister of Fire
Feb 12, 2019
SW Missoura
It was in the sixties this morning with thunderstorms but by the time I got home from work it was 38. Gunna go down to around freezing with post and red oak coals now with more for overnight.

Reactions: JimBear

kennyp2339

Minister of Fire
Feb 16, 2014
Warmer here today, going to let the fire burn out and clean the ashes out sometime tomorrow, the weather forecast looks encouraging, 60's Monday - Wednesday, lows in the 40's, another cool shot of air coming towards Friday, so no more fires until then.

Reactions: Grizzerbear

Gearhead660

Feeling the Heat
Dec 20, 2018
WI
No fire for past couple days. Been mild here. Decided to fire up the insert with some ash and elm since its getting down to 29 tonight.

Feb 2, 2020
Madison, WI
I've had my stove shut down for about a week and a half now, was thinking that was it for the season. However, starting Wed night, I'll be back to 24/7 burning! 9 days in a row of 50 or lower for the high and around 32 or lower for the lows, def worthwhile for keeping the stove going!

Happy I didn't quite get around the cleaning out the stove pipe yet :)

Gearhead660

Feeling the Heat
Dec 20, 2018
WI
I've had my stove shut down for about a week and a half now, was thinking that was it for the season. However, starting Wed night, I'll be back to 24/7 burning! 9 days in a row of 50 or lower for the high and around 32 or lower for the lows, def worthwhile for keeping the stove going!

Happy I didn't quite get around the cleaning out the stove pipe yet :)
It is Wisconsin...will probably have snow yet this spring!

Reactions: WoodBurnerInWI

JimBear

Feeling the Heat
Dec 15, 2017
Iowa
Put some maple in tonight, supposed to be 78 tomorrow but then in the upper 40’s - low 50’s later this week.