What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
25* this morning headed to 50*, had some nice coals from the Osage, I threw some oak scraps & a couple chunks of Siberian Elm in.

Reactions: Grizzerbear
Woke up to 72° indoors, 36° outdoors, and the delightful glow of the remnants of an overnight load of red oak in our 91 battleship. Spread the embers around and reloaded with.......another finely aged load of red oak. Don't know what the rich folks is doing, us po folks is doing fine.

34.5 tonight with a combo of hardwood and pine going in the wood stove.

Looks like I will not be seeing much here. Hopefully. Still some ice and snow on the north side of the house from the last shot. Be gone!

Red oak & sugar maple

Last 3 nights was oak, and cherry during the day. Tonight and tomorrow day and night will all be cherry. I need to cut some more cherry, down to my last cord!! Probably won't run the stove this weekend since high temps are predicted to be over 55 and likely won't be burning most of next week as its predicted to be in the 60's.

Reactions: buc74 and JimBear
I've been burning some garage dried walnut cookies that I thought I was going to turn into tables. It turns out end-grain wood is NOT for beginners. So I am burning walnut for the first time, and I am AMAZED. This stuff coals up SO nicely. I can get 6 hours of heat with 2 small ash splits and 3-4 chunks of this walnut from the PE Summit LE. The fire is easy to control, and even after 6 hours the coals are hot enough to light up quickly.

And it burns SUPER clean. My ash and locust do not burn nearly as clean. Almost no ash accumulation from burning for 5 days, still less than 1" in the stove. I'm super excited to burn up the rest of this tree over the next few years. Minus the pieces I pretend to turn into furniture of course.

Reactions: JimBear
With temps heading to the upper 20’s tonight & around 8”-10” of snow today & another 2” forecast for overnight. I just put some Walnut, Siberian Elm & a butt of Osage in.

The last two mornings we had just over 24 and 25 degrees with a mixture of pine and hardwood delivering the heat.

After 13” of snow yesterday, it’s about all melted back off now. Loaded some Walnut & Siberian Elm in for tonight.

Reactions: thewoodlands
We're in the low 30's tonight with a load of hardwood with a nice size round of Ironwood in the Liberty.

Really thought we were done for the season but half hour ago spouse told me he thinks the cats would *really* like a fire ;)

eta - so much cozier now, mostly doug fir as usual

In Wisconsin are struggling through never-ending sprin-ter. Today we will get to the low 40s, about 15 degrees short of our average high.
I have a good stock of wood in the house so it's not a problem. Morning and evening fires keep the house warm. Today I have some oak and some ash in the Caddy! I really love the wood fire, but it is time to get some nice weather & open the windows. Really, it is.

I can't believe April 24 and I've got Ash cooking in the stove:mad:

Burning some maple and cherry today, for us easterners, the more mild weather looks like its going to start to move in mid next week.