What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

kennyp2339

Minister of Fire
Feb 16, 2014
cleaned the ash out of the stove yesterday before going in for the night, decided to make a trip to the wood shed for 3 arms full worth of wood this afternoon, burning full swing, 41deg and rain right now, 70 inside with steaks getting ready for the grill.

Diabel

Minister of Fire
Jan 11, 2008
Ottawa, ON
If it was 70 in my house i would also be running the stove. Solar gain is your bff this time of the year. Just got back to the city, house acceptable due to NG running a bit in the morning and solar gain in the afternoon. No need to bother the old VC. Enjoy the stakes and i will mine too...!

MMH

Jan 21, 2019
NV
Been a while. Haven’t had fires for couple weeks now, in the 80s today, 30-40s at night. Just been letting good ol sun warm the house. Always have a random cold spell between now and June but think my burning seasons pretty much done

kennyp2339

Minister of Fire
Feb 16, 2014
I could be wrong, but I might be done for the season, temps are generally more mild, I wont need any fires as long as we don't get anymore damp chilly rain days, like the one experienced this past Sunday and Monday, I think this weekend we're going to actually see 70 here. Gona break out the sleeveless tee shirts, wish my mullet was coming in better. Yes, that's what rona does to a man around here, firewood and mullets.

Reactions: MMH

Microduck17

Burning Hunk
Dec 21, 2017
New Concord Ohio
I got up early this morning to find it 61degrees inside and 29 outside i decided it was as good a time as any to finish off the last little bit of firewood we have in the house. Maple and white oak.

Lakeside

Minister of Fire
Feb 6, 2009
Mike's World
A little black birch is burning in the fireview.. Interesting weather that's for sure -- snow squall come through this evening too. What day is it anyway ??

Attachments

Gearhead660

Feeling the Heat
Dec 20, 2018
WI
Rainy and 45 this morning. Pine is taking the chill off.

Attachments

EODMSgt

Feeling the Heat
Dec 11, 2018
White Mountain Region, NH
Been burning some beech and maple uglies with a few ash pieces thrown in. Been cool enough to burn 24/7 the last few days.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
Ash.

Cold, dust grey ash.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
Foothills of The Adirondacks
This past week we've had low temps of 24.2, 28.4 & 28.7, we're still running a fire in the morning and night with some chitty wood someone thought it would be a good idea to stack.

We'll still have 2 face cord of wood left that we didn't burn because of the warmer winter.

By my standards I've had a pretty good spring c/s/s wood with a total of 55 face cord in the inventory, this week I'll fell more ash so I can get another four face cord for a total of 59.

firefighterjake

Minister of Fire
Jul 22, 2008
Unity/Bangor, Maine
Nothing right now . . . unless my wife has a fire going.

But lately we've been mostly burning up white pine.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
Foothills of The Adirondacks
We had our last fire last night even though we still have three face cord of hardwood that we didn't burn because of the warmer winter.

Burning almost four cord of pine in the fall and another two face cord this spring helps out.

Diabel

Minister of Fire
Jan 11, 2008
Ottawa, ON
Done with burning for the season. Last fire was last Tue. Fire pit burns at the lake from now on, as long as the fire ban is lifted. Burnt way less wood this season.

Reactions: thewoodlands

EODMSgt

Feeling the Heat
Dec 11, 2018
White Mountain Region, NH
Cool, crisp 33 degrees this morning so burning some ash and white birch to get rid of the chill.

Reactions: thewoodlands