What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Woke up to -26*C this morning, so loaded up a bunch of uglies - white birch and jack pine, and let it rip with the fans on. Cats are happy now. Almost time to reload half-load.

Woke up to -26*C this morning, so loaded up a bunch of uglies - white birch and jack pine, and let it rip with the fans on. Cats are happy now. Almost time to reload half-load.
I do the same, when it is super cold i load the Princess with uglies (1/2 load) and let it rip. And reload every 4-5h or as often as heat needed.

We had 14.4 this morning with another load of sugar maple providing the heat. We only received a dusting of snow overnight but the lake effect has shifted north so it's snowing pretty good here at the moment.

Reactions: MMH and Grizzerbear
It's 18.9 tonight with NOAA calling for a low of 8, I just loaded up the wood stove and later on I'll set the pellet stove so it kicks on at a certain temp when the wood stove stops throwing useful heat.

Reactions: Grizzerbear
High hit almost 60 today, mid to high 50s yesterday, just pine fires at night, even with my pine I’m getting 12 hour burns (+\- depending on air level obviously). Temps supposed to plummet again in a few days. Mahogany in the line up again

Spring shoulder season decided it wanted to start this weekend so after a load of oak tonight I'll be burning cherry for the foreseeable future.

It's 5.9 tonight with about three splits burning down in the wood stove and the pellet stove going with one bag of pellets in it.

In the 30's with a mix of cherry, pine, and effing poplar (lol). House is toasty and wifey is warm. Good times.
I am not sure if it is the wood, the milder weather, the new insulatuon on the house, or the family has finally listened to me on how to build fires & such, but this year is the best my stove has ever burned. Not complaining but enjoying it actually.

The stove has been cold since yesterday morning. It was in the 60s yesterday with a low of 49 last night and the extended forecast is looking the same. I will be down to running one overnight load per day for now it looks. I dug and set a corner post yesterday and saw flock after flock of snow geese heading north. Spring is comin folks.

Our low that I saw was 1.6 but this morning we had 4.2, we shut the pellet stove down and the wood stove is still without a fire.

Reactions: MMH and Grizzerbear
Accu is calling for a low of 13, we'll go with a load of the maples with a nice round of Ironwood.

Reactions: Grizzerbear and MMH