What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
We had frost last night and today did not get above 45
No fire in the wood furnace but the pellet stove is on
keeping the house at a comfortable 70
Frost again tonight

Taking advantage of the 53* with a nice breeze. Red oak.
ADD82D9A-7D09-4280-980C-2EB879579322.jpeg

64 max here, clear sky, and very breezy. 56 now, going to 50 minimum tonight. No heat needed.

Collected a lot of branches from the lawn for the fire pit. Too windy for a fire now though.

64 max here, clear sky, and very breezy. 56 now, going to 50 minimum tonight. No heat needed.

Collected a lot of branches from the lawn for the fire pit. Too windy for a fire now though.
I actually had to put mine out, the wind was really whipping embers around even with the screen on. Didn’t want to wind up on the news for a mini forest fire.

I'm going back and forth between having a campfire outside or firing up the Stratford II inside. It was in the 30's last night and cold by the campfire. Tonight is only going down in the 40's, but the cabin feels a little chilly...

I'm going back and forth between having a campfire outside or firing up the Stratford II inside. It was in the 30's last night and cold by the campfire. Tonight is only going down in the 40's, but the cabin feels a little chilly...
I vote for both. More fire is better... 😜

A short camp fire so you don't get too cold, and then a good warm stove inside.

Just kicked off the first break-in fire of the season with a few pine scraps. Down into the 40s even early in the evening. Would have been a good evening for the outdoor fire pit instead if it wasn't so windy.

48º at 10:30pm, that's more like it - feels good. How it should be for fall. Will put away the fans and probably set up the firewood holder near the stove tomorrow, Not sure about a fire yet.

What's in my stove? Well right now it's ashes from any mail with sensitive info like account numbers and such.

What's in my stove? Well right now it's ashes from any mail with sensitive info like account numbers and such.

Same situation here. I usually don’t see temps below the 40’s until the end of October. Still have some time to procrastinate cleaning the chimney.

First fire of the season in the Northwoods just lit. Damp & chilly 47 outside, high of 54 expected with clouds and drizzle. Not a big one for now, just enough to take a little bit of the chill out and start to warm all the steel up.
IMG_20220924_085533.jpg

We had 32.7 on the wireless located on the porch, the roof had some frost on it. We didn't have a fire overnight but had one this morning.

It was really windy last night and this morning, so I gave in and lit the cookstove and ran two small loads. I miss how much hotter the cookstove makes our DHW compared to tankless unit set to 130f.

Reactions: thewoodlands
4 medium splits of lodgepole pine this morning in my king just to keep it going until tonight's reload, wishing I didn't now lol. Pretty much in the 30's every night but still to warm during the sunny days still

Hurricane Fiona nailed Nova Scotia today. Lots of power outages, rain and high winds. We thankfully didn't lose power but a couple within 30 minutes of us did. I fired up a small fire for comfort when they dropped over for a hot lunch. It burned well.

Mostly small splits of birch and one maple. I tossed in a split of willow on start up.

Was a good day to have a woodstove in NS today.

Reactions: thewoodlands
Hurricane Fiona nailed Nova Scotia today. Lots of power outages, rain and high winds. We thankfully didn't lose power but a couple within 30 minutes of us did. I fired up a small fire for comfort when they dropped over for a hot lunch. It burned well.

Mostly small splits of birch and one maple. I tossed in a split of willow on start up.

Was a good day to have a woodstove in NS today.
Wow - yea just saw how bad it was on the news. Glad you didn't lose power and are safe. Nice to have the wood stove just in case. I know many that have them will need to use them.

We gave my son a baseball game for his birthday. So today we were at the Yankees vs Red Sox game. It was hot. Sweating.

Judge unfortunately did not get a home run for his record. "We" won though.

Long hot day, two hrs driving (plus half an hr in the Bronx, but that can't be called driving...), 4 hr game, 2.5 hrs back.

They say it was only 70 F, but without wind and in the sun it was not yet stove time....

Still warm here in NJ and for the foreseeable future. I like to hold off on 1st fire to re acclimate the body to colder temps. Looking at mid -late Oct.

Reactions: MMH and stoveliker