What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Ash. I thought winter was over but a big storm blew in from S. Carolina, we got 50 degrees and it is going to rain all day. Girlfriend loves the wood stove.

Reactions: thewoodlands
We had 44 this morning, the last I had looked it was 73. It will be a warm azz week for us, we'll be over 80 and we might stick a day that could hit 90.

No more stove here it's 32::C right now
they say the same all week
Heat one day, AC the next

Just old ashes that will get cleaned out this week. After our first hot stretch, we had 54 this morning with a nice breeze today, NOAA is calling for a low of 43 tomorrow morning.

It looks like all next week we'll have lows from 43 to 48, nice.

peaked out at 94 Fri, 65 oe so about 4am, haven't been out but was supposed to 88+ today. cool front coming in a couple days. Haven't look at the weather guessers yet today.

We had 35.4 this morning, I thought about fire but didn't have one. We're around 64 today with some sun and a nice breeze.

Since we haven't had any sun lately with some cooler temps, I have a fire going in the wood stove.

Last couple mornings were in the 30’s but it warms up fast and the cabin maintains comfortable temps overnight. Haven’t needed a fire since the end of May when I would build a few small take the chill off pine fires.

3 to 4 splits -small of box elder to chase the chill off in house and reduce humidity build up this morning- apx 45 out 65 in before lighting stove.

Yep. 50 degrees this damp rainy morning, and m'wife said:
You firing up the stove??!! Ain’t that cold in here!

Too bad.
I did.
With scrap kiln dried oak maple and walnut from a local mill shop

IMG_6068.jpeg

We were just above 45 this morning so we had a fire, when the basement hit 75, I shut the fan off.

4pm central time- just ashes left in stove from small fire to chase off chill and humidity early this morning.

It was 65.9 this morning while we had coffee but the temp dropped to 61 at the moment, feels great.

Our mornings have been between 47 to 56 lately with the temps during the day between 62 and 68, feels great.

Nothing! Hot, hot, hot. Working on convertering logs to firewood.

20230723_172853.jpg 20230729_112408.jpg

been Hot here , cooled off a bit last couple days highs in the 80's yet though but it's only Aug so there likely will be a few more of those 90+ burners. Canadian smoke is back around my parts today.

90F+ degrees every day (so normal), but not humid. I work in the mornings and evenings (sometimes). BKVP, is that Lodgepole Pine cut to 15"-16"? It looks like easy splitting with not very many knots.

90F+ degrees every day (so normal), but not humid. I work in the mornings and evenings (sometimes). BKVP, is that Lodgepole Pine cut to 15"-16"? It looks like easy splitting with not very many knots.
The trees are Ponderosa Pine. Not a great fuel, but because they are 36"-42" diameter the local guy did not want to process them. I got the truck load (8+) cords for $400.00 delivered. Everyone said "look at how dry that stuff is". Well it's 30% mc in the center. Tons of pitch oozing out. Splitting is VERY difficult because rounds are all 300+lbs. Yes, cut to 17" for my King 40.

I have 10 cords of black pine coming in 3 weeks so I need to get this wrapped up. That stuff was bought by local woodshop guy and "it's too dry". So I'll drop them in the yard and process them next Fall. (Unless I build more storage area).

I try to keep a 3-5 year supply on hand. This winter is 2018 Fall harvest of Western Larch. There are 6 cords of it so next year will be from the same cutting season in 2018.

BKVP

Wife put candles in wood stove...likes to see a flickering flame even if its 90 degrees. Hope the waxy smoke does not mess up the baffle.

Reactions: Itslay90 and Riff
Nothing. Just got the chimney cleaned and inspected for this upcoming winter. Chimney sweep was in awe at how little soot there was to clean out and commented how we really must know what we were doing. Told him I'd learned everything on this forum. Lotta good advice on here.

I felt like having a fire this morning, the days have been cooler along with the morning temps and this morning we had 47.

I felt like having a fire this morning, the days have been cooler along with the morning temps and this morning we had 47.
I see you like Bald Eagles. I took this image in Homer AK.

Resized_20220505_175836.jpeg

Yes, the picture from my avatar I took from the Eagle in a tree along the brook that runs through our property.

Yours is a much better picture. 👍
I was using my cell phone and got to within 6 ft of him. Then he looked at me and let out real loud screech, so I went back to looking for driftwood. See how I tied that back into about wood?