What Is It & Will It Burn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Wawa Coffee

Jul 24, 2016
SEPA
Hi all,

I have an ugly tree that has been crowded out by everything else. Not 100% sure I will take it down, but I'm wondering in the event that it does come down
  1. What is it
  2. Will it burn
Obviously answer 2 is dependent on answer 1.

ZKkhjIc.jpg

Y4w11YI.jpg

G1FCO9y.jpg

Thanks for the replies!

Not only will it burn, it's the preferred smoking wood for many BBQ's.

Last edited:
Pretty sure it's black cherry as well. You can snap a twig off and smell also. Should have an undesirable smell.

Well then! Thanks for the replies all. I'm not gonna touch it for a while, but when I do I will probably split it and save it for the smoker!!!

Thanks again!

All wood burns.

As my wife has heard over the years, if it will burn in the presence of sufficient oxygen and heat, it is going in the stove. Pretty much covers anything that has ever had leaves. And a few things that haven't that just irritated me.