What would you like to do?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hossthehermit said:
Be a gorgeous 28 year old blonde woman for 48 hours.

May I ask why, Hoss?

*praying it's a clean answer*

From the time I was a young boy, I dreamed of thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail from Georgia to
Maine. I did it in 1996.

Now it's just a slow spiral down until I die, unless I figure out something else to do. :)

Get in a time machine & go back to the '50's & '60's logging some of that monster old-growth in the Pacific Northwest.

Thistle said:
Get in a time machine & go back to the '50's & '60's logging some of that monster old-growth in the Pacific Northwest.

Is George Carlin in charge??? :)

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
Thistle said:

LMAO Hippy Dippy Weatherman

Thistle said:
Thistle said:

Rufus, in Bill & Ted
cool-smiley-008.gif

Thistle said:
Thistle said:

Rufus, in Bill & Ted
cool-smiley-008.gif

Crap I totally forgot he was in that movie. :lol:

I am content with where I am in life . . . I figure if I really want to learn something or do something I will just have to work hard to attain that goal . . . and if I do not work hard for that goal, it wasn't really worth pursuing in the first place. I also figure there is no sense pining for things that we cannot change. It is what it is.

firefighterjake said:
I am content with where I am in life . . . I figure if I really want to learn something or do something I will just have to work hard to attain that goal . . . and if I do not work hard for that goal, it wasn't really worth pursuing in the first place. I also figure there is no sense pining for things that we cannot change. It is what it is.

Mine was a goal that didn't involve the lottery :)

I already know how to work hard. I'll take a lottery win and then spend the rest of my days being a Philanthropist and spend every day tinkering with whatever hobby I'm in the mood for.

Paint.

Start an antique/artisan/farmers market co-op in my town.

And...

Know how to start/run a charity-OR, win the lotto so I could pay someone who does know those things. I've had an idea for years but never could do anything with it because I'd be beyond lost before I even started...Short version:

Saint Nicholas House
Located on a Christmas Tree Farm, a cottage that is permenatly decorated for Christmas with a fireplace (gas...but for ease of operation), fixings for making cookies, premade dough for those that don't want to make their own, every Christmas movie ever made on DVD...surrounded by lit trees. also an option to have it undecorated so the it can be decorated by the tenants, who would also be able to choose and cut their own tree from the farm.
Available year around to any family with a terminally ill family member that wants to spend one last Christmas together-even if it's July. No income guidelines, and no age limits (not like Make a wish, it wouldn't matter if it was a 5 year old or his/her grandma that was ill).
Second nearby cottage for Hospice or other healthcare worker to be available if needed.

Adios Pantalones said:
Doing what I'd like to do most days. Here's proof.

404449_2410682628290_1287984025_32069328_475055422_n.jpg width=432 height=402

:lol: AP...you crack me up...thanks for the funny...
What's under the bag? Must be top secret...Is is my xmas present dammit? :lol:

Adios Pantalones said:
It's the start of a tanuki sculpture. It was drying out (wood insert in that room), so I bagged it to let the moisture re-equilibrate before continuing.

Google "tanuki sculpture" for a laugh.

Please post pics of that lil bugger when he's done.... :lol:

Cool thread Gary. What would I like to do? Man, there is so much.

Travel throughout the U.S. and Canada. So much to see and not enough time and money to do it!

But, most of all, I would like to own about 2000 acres of forest in the Adirondacks. Not have to go to work. Just take care of the property. I would have a nice house in middle of it, heated with wood of course. a good ways off the main road, but not too far. A large barn for the wife's horses. A seperate garage for vehicles. And another for tractor, utv, lawn mower, etc. I would have a few horses to get me around the property. Several nice dogs. I would have a new Polaris 6x6 with a matching high ground clearance trailer to pull behind it. (Wood fetcher.) 4x4 Tractor with all the attachments. Some snow mobiles off course. Gotta be able to get around up there when the big snows hit.

Oh, now you really got me dreamin.

If I could win the lottery, buy 500 acres of land in Montana or somewhere similar, and plop my house right in the middle of it. If i can, i would put a moat around the house, because who's never wanted a moat as kid.

On a more realistic note, i would win the lottery and buy a large piece of land to put my house on.

Gasifier said:
Cool thread Gary. What would I like to do? Man, there is so much.

Travel throughout the U.S. and Canada. So much to see and not enough time and money to do it!

But, most of all, I would like to own about 2000 acres of forest in the Adirondacks. Not have to go to work. Just take care of the property. I would have a nice house in middle of it, heated with wood of course. a good ways off the main road, but not too far. A large barn for the wife's horses. A seperate garage for vehicles. And another for tractor, utv, lawn mower, etc. I would have a few horses to get me around the property. Several nice dogs. I would have a new Polaris 6x6 with a matching high ground clearance trailer to pull behind it. (Wood fetcher.) 4x4 Tractor with all the attachments. Some snow mobiles off course. Gotta be able to get around up there when the big snows hit.

Oh, now you really got me dreamin.

Works for me. Only, I'm not sure where mine would be yet.

Tanuki would probably like to do you too! :)

He is beautiful AP.....Magical in a weird way....wonder why?.... :lol: :lol: ;-P
You did a great job! His face is sooooo cute....

Push-ups.

Actually, just 2 or 3 push-ups.

Love the Tanuki, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.