What's not on the spec sheet?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jalmondale

Dec 16, 2021
NY
Having had my stove for a little while now, I've realized some of my favorite features aren't ones I necessarily even knew it had before I got it. I imagine other stoves have these nice details too, so I'd be curious to hear what things other people enjoy about their stoves that wouldn't be part of the typical stove summary description.

For me (Woodstock Fireview):
- Glass protectors so that shifting logs can't hit the glass (disguised as decorative andirons, I didn't realize this was functional until I started using the stove)
- Easy access to the cat; I can do a mid-season cleaning while there are still embers in the firebox, and it takes about 2 minutes to get the cat in or out
- Supports N/S loading
- Top of loading door is below the flue exit, which minimizes smoke rollout at a reload (especially nice when I'm loading over hot coals, and the first log catches before I'm done filling the stove).

My wife is warm. Didn't think it was possible before burning wood.