Where Are the Industry Spokespeople ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

DUMF

Feeling the Heat
Jan 13, 2016
Vermont
I'm frankly impressed that BKVP posts often here. The approach is always helpful, informative, and customer oriented. Though I probably will not purchase a Blaze King in the near future, his comments are interesting.
But why aren't more of the industry reps doing this ? This is your focus group.
Jotul, Morso, Woodstock, Hearthstone, Pacific Energy, others, maybe even VC need to step up. Where are
you ? ;?

Reactions: drstorm
there are a few here from Woodstock, Kuma, and Englander I believe, though they may not be as active as BKVP they still chime in from time to time.

I've seen folks from Englander and Woodstock on forums...

There was a Lopi rep on here for a very short time, don't know where he went.

I'm frankly impressed that BKVP posts often here. The approach is always helpful, informative, and customer oriented. Though I probably will not purchase a Blaze King in the near future, his comments are interesting.
But why aren't more of the industry reps doing this ? This is your focus group.
Jotul, Morso, Woodstock, Hearthstone, Pacific Energy, others, maybe even VC need to step up. Where are
you ? ;?
You make an excellent point, dumf. In fact, I made the same one a month or two ago.

This type of forum is a big part of the future, and the ones who get it will thrive, the ones who don't will ride off into the sunset like countless other failed businesses have on the past. Even if they have innovative technology, if they fail at marketing, they will be toast, and the ones who get it will be able to acquire the technology for a steal.

The old dealer network will not be enough, but the death will be slow, and many will barely even notice it is happening.

Large organizations like SBI need to get on the ball and get some young, tech and social media savvy, person in their marketing department participating here (and elsewhere). Opportunity is being missed!

Large consulting firm would tell them this, and charge huge sums of money.

@BKVP, you should ask for a raise at your next review. You are building an enormous amount of awareness and goodwill by your excellent participation and frankness. One more tip for you- get your product development folks to put together an Ashford 40 (50?) ASAP (assuming it's not in the works already). Think Ashford aesthetics and technology with the capacity of the King. It'll be a category killer. You can thank me later.

you should ask for a raise at your next review
I think his work reviews occur thanksgiving, x-mas and easter. Not 100% sure though.

While we are directing BKVP to do stuff, I want a stove with a wood-fired suction/milling unit. When the stove temperature gets low, it drops in wood from the hopper. When the hopper is empty, it *SHOOP* sucks in a whole tree from outside, processes it, and drops it into the hopper.

Since seasoned wood works better, the hopper should be sized to hold a few years worth of wood.

Also, the stove should make ice cream and whiskey.

Thank you!

Edit: The root ball from the uprooted trees should be fired out of the processing unit and fly over the horizon, Bugs Bunny style, with a "PTOO" sound effect.

Last edited:
Thank you all very much. I did share this with thread with the President of the company and he suggested I try "crowd funding". He thinks he's funny!

Thank you all very much. I did share this with thread with the President of the company and he suggested I try "crowd funding". He thinks he's funny!

A lot of this crowd has already funded you!

How is research on my whiskey-and-ice-cream autostove going? I volunteer to be a beta tester for the stove part, but not for the tree suction unit (you do NOT want to walk past that thing at the wrong moment).

BKVP can chime in but I'd bet listening too folks on this site has played a role in some of the models BK has introduced in the last few years.

I can remember when the number one complaint about BK stoves were how ugly they were. Now they have a stove to fit almost anyone's taste and only the die hard anti's bring up the looks of the older models any more.

Jetsam,

Not much of a whiskey guy....but that cactus drip system I added to my King has yielded some pretty smokey flavor tequila!

While we are directing BKVP to do stuff, I want a stove with a wood-fired suction/milling unit. When the stove temperature gets low, it drops in wood from the hopper. When the hopper is empty, it *SHOOP* sucks in a whole tree from outside, processes it, and drops it into the hopper.

Since seasoned wood works better, the hopper should be sized to hold a few years worth of wood.

Also, the stove should make ice cream and whiskey.

Thank you!

Edit: The root ball from the uprooted trees should be fired out of the processing unit and fly over the horizon, Bugs Bunny style, with a "PTOO" sound effect.

I really like this post, but would you mind sharing whatever you are using/taking?:)

Reactions: KimiBwoah
BKVP can chime in but I'd bet listening too folks on this site has played a role in some of the models BK has introduced in the last few years.

I can remember when the number one complaint about BK stoves were how ugly they were. Now they have a stove to fit almost anyone's taste and only the die hard anti's bring up the looks of the older models any more.

I want the best stove. Don't give a fart what it looks like. I actually wanted an Apex, but the wife said it wouldn't "go" in the living room, whatever that means.
I really like this post, but would you mind sharing whatever you are using/taking?:)

Tonight I'm on Stove Tea and bratwurst. That's just the kind of party animal that I am.

Though in fairness, the tea jar could stand to get scrubbed out more often than it does, so there is some chance that it is gradually accumulating psychoactive properties...

Reactions: RFarm and tarzan
I want the best stove. Don't give a fart what it looks like. I actually wanted an Apex, but the wife said it wouldn't "go" in the living room, whatever that means.

Tonight I'm on Stove Tea and bratwurst. That's just the kind of party animal that I am.

Though in fairness, the tea jar could stand to get scrubbed out more often than it does, so there is some chance that it is gradually accumulating psychoactive properties...

Oh ok, if just that, for sure is working.;lol

I'll help , I've been married a while

It means your life will be an endless misery if you buy it and put it in the living room.

The Apex

I just don't see the problem.
furnace-apex.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll help , I've been married a while

It means your life will be an endless misery if you buy it and put it in the living room.

But at least make you think you are in control of the situation;). Now that can be far from reality:rolleyes: