Where is Gooserider?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is good to hear that Goose is getting better and also that Mary Anne came out of her situation in good shape. That had to have been a big scare.

Best wishes to both of you for a speedy recovery!!!!

NP

Hope and prayer sent your way.

Goose - You are prayed over.

Goose and Mary Anne,

My thoughts and prayers are with you both. I feel bad to be so late in saying that but I've actually been in recovery for hearth.com addiction. Fortunately, i have relapsed! I'm sure glad this got made a sticky so I noticed it!!

Wow, this is the first I saw this. I am so sorry to hear of Gooserider's injury and of the troubles for both of you. Best wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery. This place sure misses him and we appreciate the updates from Mary Anne and Craig. Take good care and heal quickly!

Haven't been around here much lately... I am traveling for work (Physical Therapist). I spent the fall in southern Virginia, returned to Maine for three weeks in December through Christmas and the New Year, and left for Cordova, Alaska in January where I remain until after the salmon runs at least.

I am very sorry to hear about the misfortune with the tree, and from what I have read the heart attack/chest pain event. On the chest pain event... regular exercise is likely the way to to with preventing future events, plus a reasonable diet, and following recommendations from competent medical providers regarding pharmacological agents which might help. The medications themselves can not work without reasonable diet and exercises, and sometimes the diet and exercise by itself is enough.

On the horrific injuries resulting from the tree. Goose... work as hard as the therapist will let you. You won't be sorry. Never give up! Never give in! Never surrender! Kick some major ass, and get back to fighting form as soon as you can. Never let a day go by that you do not exhaust yourself working with the therapist, and without them at whatever independent exercises they recommend. Rest when you need it. EAT! But eat good stuff, and get plenty of rest to offset the extreme levels of exercise it is going to take to recover from this as quickly as you can.

Oh... never say, "can't", moan, or cry... it only encourages us to push harder. Never lose count of your exercises your working at... we always start over again at "zero". And if you're smart you won't ever say, "This is easy...." we absolutely LOVE that.

Never let it get easy... if it's easy it's a waste of time. Always do one more if you can...

Have not been on much and just seen this.
Arthur and Mary I hope you both come to a speedy full recovery.
Thinking of you.

My prayers and good thoughts out to both of you.

Steve

Mary-Anne, I live just north of you guys [nashua] and have a 1 ton load of poplar and black walnut cut /split that I can deliver and stack for you.The popple is fresh cut and the walnut is seasoned. Please let me know, I'd really like to help.

Mary-Anne said:
I am Gooserider's long-time girlfriend.

He has had an accident involving
a piece of tree falling on him.
It has broken his leg just below the knee
and broken some ribs, which tore his aorta
and may have slightly punctured a lung.

So, he is in the Surgical Intensive Care Unit
at Lahey Clinic. Only family are allowed to visit
or call.

He will not be able to moderate for at least
some days, maybe longer.

If you want to do something for him
and believe in prayer or equivalent,
any good wishes for his well being and
for the competence of his doctors would
be welcome.

Mary-Anne

I send my best wishes to Gooserider.. I just noticed this post and was shocked to read it.. We will say a prayer for him..

Take Care,
Ray

Mary-Anne and Gooserider,
This is sad and tragic news. I haven't been around here much, sorry for not replying sooner. I hope Goose recovers quickly. I am in Union Construction, where everyday is full of dangers and sometimes accidents. There is nothing worse than hearing about a suffering brother or family member. My family is pulling for you. Our thoughts will be with you.

I am sitting next to Goose in the rehab hospital.
We have been discussing how to get him back online.
He will be soon.
I took a picture of him. It is attached.
He sends his best wishes.
We hope to start a discussion soon in a separate thread
about how to adapt the house - ramps etc.
Our friend, Tim, is planning on participating
in the discussion. He has some ideas.

Attachments

• Photo 18.jpg
    Photo 18.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 1,152
Hey, Goose, good to 'see' you! Keep up the faith and do what they tell you!

Shari

Dang Goose! That widow maker hit ya so hard that your hair fell down to your chin. :lol:

Get well soon guy.

Wasn't a tree at all...it was the ugly stick :ahhh: . Don't worry, buddy, you should see how hard it hit me! %-P Seriously, it's a real relief to see you sitting up and looking awake, aware, coherent, and on the road to recovery. Mary-Anne, we're all happy to know that you're up and about as well. You both take care. We'll do whatever we can to help. Rick

Glad to see you're recovering! Are you on crutches, a cane or a walker? My wife recently had 2 full knee replacements done (first 1 knee, then recover then the other) and they wouldn't let her go home until she could handle the stairs with a cane.. She went to rehab in Brookline and they did a decent job getting her ready to go home.. Your rehab will tell you what needs to be done before you go. Here I had to make sure the paths were clear and installed a grab bar near the shower.. Added a shower chair and I replaced the showerhead with a combo unit which includes a regular showerhead plus a handheld one.. Therapy was the toughest and the most important hurdle to conquer..

Best Wishes!

Ray and family

:cheese:

good to see ya gettin vertical again. we'll be hearing from you soon. if you need something i'm 3 miles from you. just let me know what i can do.

Very morbid picture.
Hope those wounds heal soon.
I'd help you out but I don't have much left.
Good-luck-
Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.