Where were you when the lights went out?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ISeeDeadBTUs

indiana_outage_map.png

I'm in Floyd (southern center) and our power always goes out...always! I suppose I can't use the term 'always' anymore, we've been fine.

Nowhere near there...I don't even know what state that is.

I am still up!!!!!!!! WOOOOOT WOOOOOOOO.... Its went out 3 time for 10-20 mins per. With lost of wavy power.

Lost nothing. Light didnt even flicker, satelite did even go out.

That map isn't accurate unless it's only projecting current outages.

We lost power twice Tuesday evening, just under 2 hours each outage but we aren't on that map...

That seems really low for power outages. I'm next door in Ohio and within the 5 or 6 counties around me there were 65,000 outages. Still over 7000 out this morning on the news.

Apparently that only shows current outages. The other day I saw some red on that map and my county had a few hundred - now nothing.

My power was out Tue night for about 4 hours. There are some people I know going on 48 hours without right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.