Which generation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

72Rover

Dec 29, 2011
East VA
I have been tasked with diagnosing and 'fixing' an earlier Vigilant "remotely": the stove is over 100 miles away. While I have been using my trusty Resolute for over 42 years - and 80 cords of wood - I'm not sure about the differences between the various models of the Vigilant. Specifically, are there any differences in the thermostatic damper parts. (Somehow, this went 'walkabout' during a move.) From perusing the web, it seems that the same assembly was used across several VC lines and generations, even the coal version. I've got to think that this is a first generation stove.... I have found the requisite VC parts on many sites - even Amazon!

Cheers

I think the thermostat assembly is the same on all Vigilants.