Which Insert To Buy ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pete97

Hearth Supporter
Aug 29, 2006
Pittsburgh Pa
I have narrowed my search for an insert down to 4 inserts.

1. Regency I2400
2. Enviro Kodiak 1700
3. Pacific Energy Super Insert
4. Blaze King Princess Insert

I can get the Blaze king for 2600 and I am not sure what the others will cost. I know the Kodiak has a firebox that is 20" deep and the Pacific Energy is made to load wood front to back. Any suggestions would be great. Pete

Both my dad and brother bought a I2400 last year and love it.Plenty of heat and room for some big splits.

Thanks. I wish I could see some of these stoves before I buy one but the couple dealers around my house do not have them on display.

pete97 said:

1. Regency I2400
2. Enviro Kodiak 1700

I can get the Blaze king for 2600 and I am not sure what the others will cost. I know the Kodiak has a firebox that is 20" deep and the Pacific Energy is made to load wood front to back. Any suggestions would be great. Pete

blaze kings are great stoves.. but 2600? i think you could get the larger pe summit for less than that??? not sure

My firebox in the fireplace is not the largest. It as about 27-28" wide in the front, 25" wide at the rear, and 27" deep and high. So i am limited on what I can fit in it. Pete

I picked up my Enviro for 2200 with the optional larger surround. I was 2400 when he started but after beating him up a little while I got him down. It throws out some heat and I`m pretty satisfied with it.

Thanks for the info. I like the BK Princess because of the CAT and how it is supposed to be really efficient. I like the Enviro because the firebox is larger. I could load bigger logs north/south in the Enviro. I am used to my old stove that will fit 3 or 4 pretty big logs in it that are anywhere between 24-28" long !!!!

pete97 said:

1. Regency I2400
2. Enviro Kodiak 1700

You can really have fun with this insert because it works!

#1 or #2.

I2400 is a bullet proof work horse and the enviro fits in some tight locations!

Status
Not open for further replies.