Whitfield Cascade-High setting doesn't work

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nbuchanan87

Jan 4, 2014
Nebraska
New here to the forum. Looking for some help! I have a Whitfield Cascade and the high setting will not work. The auger "On Light " comes on but that is it. The low setting works as advertised. Also, once a fire is burning and the stove is switched to off, the stove shuts off completely and the fan does not continue to run to cool the stove down. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Bad news. The only time a combustion motor (which in the cascade s also the convection) will turn off like that is if the motor, or the control board is bad. Since you also have an issue with the stove not running on high at all then I would say that he control board on it is bad.

Bad news. The only time a combustion motor (which in the cascade s also the convection) will turn off like that is if the motor, or the control board is bad. Since you also have an issue with the stove not running on high at all then I would say that he control board on it is bad.

So it can be the control board even if low setting works properly? Dang... I was hoping it was a high limit switch or a vacuum switch. Those are a little cheaper than a control board.

A high limit or pressure switch would cut off the auger motor but would not urn the stove off. The only component that can make a heat selection just cause the stove to cut out completely is the board.

Well, guess it will have to be used on low setting for now. Any recommendations on a good website to order parts for a reasonable price? I've search a few but not sure where to go through.

Well, guess it will have to be used on low setting for now. Any recommendations on a good website to order parts for a reasonable price? I've search a few but not sure where to go through.
I might be biased in my reply to that question :D

Reactions: SwineFlue
Status
Not open for further replies.