Who has not ran an ounce of gas yet?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a 50-50 partnership with my wife and I . . . we both run the stove about as much as each other. When I'm home and around and she's at work I run it . . . and when I'm gone or at work she runs it . . . works out well as we're usually able to burn 24-7 in this fashion. I just figured last night the house would hold the heat until the morning . . . I was wrong.

At my house i am the only one that runs stove.

Back when i had the coal stove in the house witch we burned mostly wood i had good help now not so much.

Went online Oct 2008. I've burned maybe 2-3 gallons of oil in the last three years, and that is only to exercise the backup oil half of the TARM. About once every 3 months or so I'll switch to oil backup for 15 minutes or so just to make it run. The oil is there only if I'm gone for an extended time, or I fall down the stairs and can't haul wood. So far so good. (knock on wood) I last bought a 100 gallons of oil (min purchase) back in 2009 and still have all of it.

Reactions: smokinj
Its been about 3 years since I've used propane,my wood boiler takes care of both heating house and domestic water year round.
In the winter I burn every other day in summer every 5 - 7 days.I love this storage system.

Status
Not open for further replies.