Who is still burning?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I was done posting in this thread but guess not. 97 this weekend and the AC was humpin. Came home from work today after freezing all day in a short sleeve shirt.....cold and rainy. Took my dog for a walk and we were both shivering when we got home. 48 tonight. Sooooo........you know the rest of the story ;)

Reactions: ScotO
Enjoy!

Reactions: tfdchief
46 degrees here yesterday, cool enough I wish I was ready to do my break in fires. My chimney install is moving slowly along. I can only work on it when the wife is at work. I have the first 12 feet isntalled and am close to finalizing the black pipe to class A connection. Next is the hole in the closet ceiling, framing, installing the attic flashing then up on the roof to open up the top of the chase for the final push. I am excited!

Had a fire overnight (in the 40's). Just threw 3 splits on the stove this morning. It's JUNE 1 !!!! OMG!!!!!!!!

Had a small fire last weekend with cloudy days and nights and temps in the lower 40's to upper 30's it was needed.

Could have technically burned a small fire last night and for the next couple days but I refuse. I'm going to have more than just a two month break from burning. :) I have no trouble letting the furnace or electric space heater/s picking up temp at this point in the year.

I would turn the furnace on but it doesn't work. I lit one this morning. By the time my girls got up and out of the shower, they were quite happy to stand in front of the stove again.

June 1. We have a fire in the stove..... Fortunately it is raining and that is why the stove is going, to keep the dampness out but it is a bit nippy at night. This rain is very welcome as it is really bone dry here. Funny part is that we drove to Saginaw a couple days ago. Farmers working in fields you can barely see because of so much dust. Near Saginaw, water is standing in the fields. That is the way it goes around here. We watch the radar and rain is all around us. Coming from the west it usually breaks up at the county line, which is about 5 miles from us. Or else it goes north, south or some big stuff pops up to the east. So we really welcome this rain.

Burning in June! I had a fire last night and have one going again right now. Temps in the 40's outside.

I thought about starting it up Saturday but then realized, its June! It just wouldn't seem right.
So...we froze.

Like zap said +1.
As long as outdoor temps are in the low 60's during the day and 40's at night the Spectrum will be put to use fulfilling its purpose in life. ==c On these days a fire will be kindled during late afternoon.

Raining here last night, damp, started a fire. Can't beat that wood heat! Even when you just need a little;)

Still burning . . . fire yesterday and this morning to take the chill out of the air.

Looks like we are in for a spell of Juneuary again this year. We may be burning tonight. You could feel this system blowing in yesterday afternoon. They're saying it will be around all week. At noon it's only 51F so far. And I just removed all the row cover hoops from the garden and staked the tomatoes. :mad:

Warming up by a nice fire right now! <Almost> Nothing better on a damp chilly day like today.

Me too burning, I missed it not going and lit it again this morn.....

Got the Esse cook stove going, roasting two full pans of veggies in olive oil , garlic, thyme and salt and pepper. House is toasty , plus smells great! Of course the window is open a little by the stove to let in some fresh country spring air as well.

Another fire this morning . . .

We have a small fire burning in our basement stove tonight. I thought we were done. I removed two birds from the stove and stuffed some insulation in the passthrough a week or two ago. It was 67 in our living room this morning and 68 after school. I'm thankful to have enough dry wood not to worry about burning some on the last day of school. We actually had the AC on a week ago.

Lojo, welcome to the forums !!

I had a fire in the PE last night. Just enough to take the edge off. Was chilly here in Icy Hollow !

Got home this afternoon, then went over to the neighbor's house, and froze my rear off when I walked back home at 6pm. It was already under 50 degrees. Fire going full blast.

Still burning, temperatures here hovering between 40-50 deg.

Where are you Angus?

Scotland. 60F is a warm day there.

Angus, can you add your locale to your avatar info?

Status
Not open for further replies.