Who wants to trade Hedge for Oak

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fespo

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Dec 14, 2005
South West burbs of Chicago
Good morning everyone, I have burning wood since I was a small kid at home. I have burned every kind of wood around here in the midwest. So here goes. Everytime when I burn some of 4/5 year old hedge I mix it with others wood that I have. You will get some sparks when it burns down to coals and try to rake them forward. Well yesterday, I put in a normal load of wood in the stove around mid day ,but this time all hedge. The stove was Not pack at all, because I know how hedge burns, long and hot. Well around 7:30 or so when we got back from dinner with my family, I tried to rake the coals. OH SH**!!!!!!!!!!! I had the 4th of July shooting out of my stove!!!!! SPARKS shot out about 3-4 feet out and about 3ft up. I had the air control pulled even before I opened the door, so that this would not happen. IM DONE WITH HEDGE!!!

So Im willing to trade ALL my Hedge that is bone dry, it was cut split and stack at least 4 years ago. I would like to trade for all OAK. Anyone up for a trade??? You can drive right up to the stack. If no one is up for it, it's going on C.L. Frank

I will be the first to say that I'd trade if I was closer. I can always get more oak, but Hedge is hard to find here and I'd like some just for the variety.

Wow what a bummer, why not buy a welding outfit and keep burning it? :cheese:

Good one oldspark!

Wood Duck said:
I will be the first to say that I'd trade if I was closer. I can always get more oak, but Hedge is hard to find here and I'd like some just for the variety.
Yeah, I'd like to try burning it sometime but I can get long and hot enough burns with the other stuff that's available. Wouldn't enjoy dealing with the sparks on a daily basis...

I would be willing to trade some. I will pm you. Might be difficult, as I am in far northern suburbs. Look for a note...

Status
Not open for further replies.