Who's ready?!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got about 10 inches here so far and still snowing and blowing a lot. Was out to do some shoveling, but it's a losing battle; just gonna wait until it stops and do one cleanup, you go over an area and it is covered in minutes so it's a losing battle right now!
Same here, went out yesterday to shovel out a path for the dog and by this morning you couldn't tell I'd done anything.

Am I ready? Yes....Am I excited? No...!
Same here, but I have a quad with a plow. It's fun for 15 minutes then it just sucks. Spent 3 hours and only got 1/2 my driveway done. Gotta do the rest with the snow blower it's too much for my quad- I can't get it back enough that I won't screw myself for the next storm

Here's a few pics. Got 22 inches and a looooong way to go. Love the new plow makes life easy!!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

It is almost past here in Central VA. We got about 18 inches in total and some stiff winds. As usual, nowhere near the catastrophe they predicted despite the fact that we were right in the worst zone. We live a good 35 miles outside of any town or city so I can't attest to the mayhem some cities had self induced from folks trying to drive around, go to stores, etc.

Reactions: Starstuff
It is almost past here in Central VA. We got about 18 inches in total and some stiff winds. As usual, nowhere near the catastrophe they predicted despite the fact that we were right in the worst zone. We live a good 35 miles outside of any town or city so I can't attest to the mayhem some cities had self induced from folks trying to drive around, go to stores, etc.

That catastrophe moved north.

What was predicted to be 8-12" just 48 hours ago, is up to 30". PennDOT plow trucks are stuck in the road. I'm sitting at about 18" in a virtual whiteout.

I hate these kinds of storms.

Reactions: D8Chumley
Stay safe and warm everyone. Appreciate your wood burning appliances and all of the hard work you have done in terms of cutting, splitting and stacking!!!

Oh yeah, help your neighbor if one is in need.

We have about 26" of snow here in Baltimore. Single digit wind chills but house is 75f. Storm is finally dying down, fire is not...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 262
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 210
Reactions: D8Chumley
Everyone stay inside and fires hot.

Ended up dumping about 20" on us here in MD just south of DC. Lot of variance in snowfall even across just a few miles. Just a dozen miles in other directions saw 30+ inches. The snow never got too heavy, just a long steady fall, and hurricane force winds never materialized. I'd say 30mph tops. But my wood pile is buried. Glad I moved about a half cord into the garage.

They were predicting 6-12", but hardly got an inch here. Ended up not coming as far north as they thought. I heard the shoreline areas got hit pretty hard tho.

Ha, you guys can keep it! It's been 20 years since we've had anywhere near that amount of snow here. My buddy lives in philly, said he was stocked up on private stock and frozen pizzas.

Usually these type of seasons we'll get a monster ice storm. 2006, 1997 and 1991. In 1991 we lost power for two weeks. My dad who had to get to work (worked for MOdot) had linemen spikes on his shoes just to get to his truck. Our driveway is about a .25 mile up hill. That was a chore to get his '85 3/4 ton Chevy out to the highway, but we got it! Mom cooked on our camp stove and wood stove and we hand pumped water from our wet weather spring to use the bathrooms. Unforgettable!

31.7" in Allentown, a new one day record. They got nearly as much snow in 1 day as they should for the whole season.......

I work in Allentown, maybe a day off tomorrow? :)

31.7" in Allentown, a new one day record. They got nearly as much snow in 1 day as they should for the whole season.......

I work in Allentown, maybe a day off tomorrow? :)
We got 30" and they told the guys on our job no work Monday ;) I'm thinking with this much snow we might b off all week unless they sub us out to plow snow with some wheels loaders. We did that last winter for Septa at 7 or 8 train stations around Ft Washington because they were running low on parking spots with all the snow piles

Looking ahead to 45-50 averages hi temps here in se MA from 1/30-2/3. Was this it for winter?

i'm down here in southern maryland about 30 miles of dc and on the chesapeake bay......we got about 18 inches of sometimes horizontal snow. i knew it was coming so i brought in about 5 days of wood and stacked it in the basement.....fired up the PE Summit and the Jotul both and weathered it out. cudos to the local power companies as we haven't lost power yet. snow blower quit but i have a little john deere to clear my 75 yard drive way.

Glad I moved to Maine where the winters aren't so bad. ;lol We got nothing.

Oh wait…<insert memory of last February>. <>

Looking ahead to 45-50 averages hi temps here in se MA from 1/30-2/3. Was this it for winter?

I don't know about up there but our local weather guy, has been saying Feb. and March will be the Snow Producers.

We had record rainfall here in Missouri, and mild temps so far.

Sunny and 40 here today, haha cheers!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 175
Reactions: tcassavaugh
It's been a while since Greenville SC has gotten this much snow. We should be okay by Monday.
7 inch snow.jpg

Reactions: tcassavaugh
Usually these type of seasons we'll get a monster ice storm. 2006, 1997 and 1991. In 1991 we lost power for two weeks. My dad who had to get to work (worked for MOdot) had linemen spikes on his shoes just to get to his truck. Our driveway is about a .25 mile up hill. That was a chore to get his '85 3/4 ton Chevy out to the highway, but we got it! Mom cooked on our camp stove and wood stove and we hand pumped water from our wet weather spring to use the bathrooms. Unforgettable!

Hardcore surviving right there, I like it!

Status
Not open for further replies.