Who's still burning??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elderthewelder

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Anybody else still burning besides me?? I know you guy's on the east coast are sweating your ass off, but here in the Pac Northwest we have been having below avg temps and alot of cold rain and wind. I have had a few fires going this week, currently I have a small douglass Fir fire going with 1/2 a North Idaho Fire Log on top. Keepin the chill out just fine. Anyone else??

Burned yesterday in my shop, and nearly every day up until then since last fall. Today, it actually got up to 50-some degrees outside, and I never lit a fire. Cleaned out & vacuumed the shop stove. Sure would like to see some normal temps. Rick

Guess we all just wish we could be normal, Lee. :lol: Rick

fossil said:
Burned yesterday in my shop, and nearly every day up until then since last fall. Today, it actually got up to 50-some degrees outside, and I never lit a fire. Cleaned out & vacuumed the shop stove. Sure would like to see some normal temps. Rick

I hear ya on the normal temp thing Rick. I watched a little of the Portland Parade on NWCN this morning, looked cold.
I can not believe I am burning in June, I am picking into my 6 month seasoned Fir to keep the chill off, starting it with pallet wood and throwing a North Idaho fire log on it, it is burning just fine. Fir seasons fast

wondering if BeGreen or SonnyinBC are burning??

We had a fire night before last. Woke the T6 up from a dead summer slumber. Seems appropriate in our Juneuary season this year. Our daytime highs are about half those my sister is seeing in NC. Needless to say, my eggplant and cucumbers are not happy. Bring on the heat!

Had the bear fired-up yesterday. High of only 56. And will likely burn again on Monday-projected high of 52. That means the rec-room which is below grade hovers around 58-60, and that`s just too damn cold to be watching the big screen.

BG: you been watching our local news up here? That Juneuary phrase is repeated almost daily on the weather forcasts. :long:

Fire last night and this night too. It looks like I'll have to replant the corn. Stove is grumpy being woken up out of a stone cold sleep. So am I.

Last fire I had in the stove was Thursday.
Had to bring in another armful of wood, inside wood bins are bone dry.

Good One BG on Juneuary! :lol:

Yesterday was supposed to be 70*, it topped out at 55*. Long pants and jacket for the golf league. Today 90*, tomorrow and Monday 95*. Welcome to New England!

Been workin in Atlin B.C. All has been warm. Back at home in the Yukon on weekends. No fire required. 21C in the day and 7C at night. Its perfect.
Ice has been off now for two weeks and the fish are biting. Ye-Haw!!!!!

Was 46 here today started two small fires to warm up the house to the mid 70's. Started one at about 9AM this morning and one about 6PM. Used about a quarter round each fire and both warmed up the house to about 76-77 from about 64-65.

The four closest personal weather stations on Weather Underground were reporting over 100F heat indexes by 11:00 yesterday morning. We went to daughter's final softball game and the coaches called the final inning due to heat. I don't think I've ever seen it this hot this early in the summer. Calling for the mid to upper 90's next couple days. I decided it might be a good time to fire up both heat pumps and make sure they work. House is now down to a nice toasty 75 degrees and you should see the water pouring out of the drains. I'm sure the phone is going to be ringing off the hook Monday am. If this keeps up, I may never get all that wood split. Too hot!

Chris

gibson said:
Yesterday was supposed to be 70*, it topped out at 55*. Long pants and jacket for the golf league. Today 90*, tomorrow and Monday 95*. Welcome to New England!
Ditto here in NH. Friday eve had a nice moderate fire in the stove. The back door had been open for the dogs (its awesome we can do that where we live) and with the high of 55, well, it was cod in the house. Saturday, put in all 4 window AC units, high was 90! pretty radical temp change in 24 hours.

All done here- my last burn was in late May when we hadda cold snap..................

Watch out New Englanders....After the warm front went through here, we have been in the 80's and 90's with sunny humid days, and lotsa evening and overnight t-storms. Many tornadoes and wind damage. We received 7.06" rain last night here, 25 miles s/o Grand Rapids........Alot of future firewood in SW Michigan now on the ground.......

7 inches !! That sounds more like Malaysia than Michigan.

north of 60 said:
Been workin in Atlin B.C. All has been warm. Back at home in the Yukon on weekends. No fire required. 21C in the day and 7C at night. Its perfect.
Ice has been off now for two weeks and the fish are biting. Ye-Haw!!!!!
Had to open my big mouth. Went out this morn and ran into this with my firewood and fishin buddy.
Was soaked to the bone and got the stove rippin when I got home.

Attachments

• Who's still burning??
    June snow.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 244
  • Who's still burning??
    june winter.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 240
Cmon down to Bawdimore, Hon! Supposed to be upper 90's with a heat index around 105 today...

Chris

Redox said:
Cmon down to Bawdimore, Hon! Supposed to be upper 90's with a heat index around 105 today...

Chris

Yep Chris. 90 miles South of ya and you can walk outside and just wave a cold cup in the air to get a glass of water. Rain and cold when I usually cut my wood and now too hot and humid for a late start. The furniture may go in the stove next winter.

Fire last week and A/C this week.

BrotherBart said:
Redox said:

Chris

Yep Chris. 90 miles South of ya and you can walk outside and just wave a cold cup in the air to get a glass of water. Rain and cold when I usually cut my wood and now too hot and humid for a late start. The furniture may go in the stove next winter.

Fire last week and A/C this week.

You don't like the weather on the Eastern Seabord? Wait a minute...

You know it's disgusting out when your glasses fog up outside.

95 degrees at 12:45 PM

Think we could set up a hot water/chilled water loop to the GWN?

Sittin here looking at my firewood pile. I still have about a cord or so to split.

Chris

Out here our glasses fog up too, when you come in from the cold. Been in the 40's every morning for at least a week now. My cukes are on the verge of giving up and heading south.

I thought the PNW was nothing BUT fog! :cheese:

I edited my post to clarify: glasses fog up when LEAVING a comfortably conditioned building. Feels like walking into a steam room and it's only June 9.

107F heat index at 1:45

I'm not complaining or anything; just sending our warmest regards to y'all in Alaska and Yukon and MI.

Taking the spawn up to the pool now...

Chris

Heck with the regards, just send the warmth! Your temps are double ours, how bout we split 50/50?

Status
Not open for further replies.