Why I love this board...a THANKS to Raybonz and Craig

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daveswoodhauler

Minister of Fire
May 20, 2008
Massachusetts
Was having some issues with my snowblower not throwing that well. (Just got back in round 2...I think we are up to 17" or so)
Raybonz and Craig helped me find a problem with my machine, and now it throws snow like a BEAST!!! I mean I was so happy I started snowblowing paths around my house just to see how far it would throw all the white stuff!!!
Many thanks to Raybonz and Craig...you cut the time it takes me to do the driveway by about half, and now I can play with the kids!
Thanks Guys! :cheese:

truly is a great site! if i think long enough, i can remember how i stumbled onto it. oh yeah, i was looking for info on a stove. but getting back to some of the members...always willing to help and it seems never a shortage of advice. you even have members sharing their woodpile with others! something you don't see all the time. what started out as me just wanting a bit of info has turned into an addiction of sorts...but i can tell that there are a lot of other junkies out there also!

daveswoodhauler said:
Was having some issues with my snowblower not throwing that well. (Just got back in round 2...I think we are up to 17" or so)
Raybonz and Craig helped me find a problem with my machine, and now it throws snow like a BEAST!!! I mean I was so happy I started snowblowing paths around my house just to see how far it would throw all the white stuff!!!
Many thanks to Raybonz and Craig...you cut the time it takes me to do the driveway by about half, and now I can play with the kids!
Thanks Guys! :cheese:

Hi Dave,
Glad you got it sorted out as you have a bigger machine than I do and it should have loads of power.. Did you adjust that idler pulley I mentioned? I wish I figured this out 2 years ago.. Meant to look at the belts just never remembered to do it until last week.. I can get the snow done twice as fast now..

Ray

Hi Ray - Yes, I pulled off the cover for the belts, and there was quite a bit of slack in the belt pulley...so I loosened the nut on the pulley and just pushed it toward the belt. (The belt looked in good condition as well) The hardest part was getting the dang bolts back on as the wheel is kinda in the way and my figures were basically numb.....gotta get some warmer gloves.
As soon as I started it, I went right to the end of the driveway and it just plowed through the 24 inches of stuff that was there...snow was above the machine and it didn't miss a beat.
Better yet, when I tightened the belt, it allowed me to use the machine with one hand. (There is a lock mechanism so if you press down on the auger, and then the drive gear, it then locks the auger handle down so you can snowblow with one hand only on the drive gear....works really well when the winding is blowing 30 knots and whipping the snow back into your face...you can literally walk along side the blower and still use it)
Its like a brand new snow blower.
Again, many thanks!

daveswoodhauler said:
Hi Ray - Yes, I pulled off the cover for the belts, and there was quite a bit of slack in the belt pulley...so I loosened the nut on the pulley and just pushed it toward the belt. (The belt looked in good condition as well) The hardest part was getting the dang bolts back on as the wheel is kinda in the way and my figures were basically numb.....gotta get some warmer gloves.
As soon as I started it, I went right to the end of the driveway and it just plowed through the 24 inches of stuff that was there...snow was above the machine and it didn't miss a beat.
Better yet, when I tightened the belt, it allowed me to use the machine with one hand. (There is a lock mechanism so if you press down on the auger, and then the drive gear, it then locks the auger handle down so you can snowblow with one hand only on the drive gear....works really well when the winding is blowing 30 knots and whipping the snow back into your face...you can literally walk along side the blower and still use it)
Its like a brand new snow blower.
Again, many thanks!

Glad that worked out as I know I was excited to see the difference it made.. You have a better nicer machine than me but I am happy with how it works now.. I can't complain for $350.00 I suppose.. Heated grips are noit needed here as decent gloves keep my hands warm fine but a headlight would have been a nice feature.. This snowblower always starts on the 1st pull so I have never even tried the electric start plus my drive is over 200' long so I need to pull anyways.. Wish I'd looked at this pulley 2 years ago!

Take Care,
Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.