Wild stoves from Europe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
Ever inventive, this is the Arkiane-Kephren pyramid stove. Now that would be quite the conversation piece.

Yes, it's burning wood. The flue is exhausted through the stiles and is power assisted. Hope it has a battery backup.

Your's for a cool $13K. http://www.stovesonline.co.uk/wood_burning_stoves/Arkiane-Designer-Stoves.html

And here is a neat stove from Cera (Germany?) It's called the Quadriga. Nice eh?

Attachments

• arkiane-kephren-stove.jpg
    arkiane-kephren-stove.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 713
  • Quadriga1.jpg
    Quadriga1.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 675
  • ceraquadrigastove.jpg
    ceraquadrigastove.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 653
Wow. Interesting. Wonder how well it heats, or if it's mostly just a WOW thing. Rick

I like the pyramid one, but the quadriga looks like every other euro styled stove. I don't like the "modern art"/"euro" styling. Give me a nice 1900's country styling over this stuff anyday.

The Kephren is a 7KW stove, not too shabby. Arkiane (France) makes some very interesting stoves. Here's a link to the English version of the site.
http://lang.arkiane.fr/default_gb.html

anyone got an equation to convert kw to btu?

~24,000 btu

I'm most impressed with the "Octuor" octagonal stove by the same manufacturer of the pyramid stove. that firebox is MASSIVE. However, it's mostly glass, so it's not going to hold much heat, and they really don't say much on the website about their secondary burn capabilities. I don't think these are EPA certified.

pistonslap said:
Looks like something Deter from Saturday Night Live ( Mike Myers) would like.

Now is the time on Sprockets when we dance! :-D

Since we're looking at French stoves, thought I'd share a photo of one French homeowner's wood storage solution (this is a stone house near Annecy, France). Wonder if they've got a contemporary stove installed in this place.

woodhouse.jpg

I've always liked that pic. Any estimate as to how many cords they've got going there?

I thought my glass was a PITA to keep clean!

Neat - those old stoves remind me of the tour I took of our capitol building. Apparently the Senate chambers were designed with columns in the room, but the columns are made of copper - kind of look like some of those stoves on the bottom, then the copper 'flue' soars 30-40 feet to the top of the room. Each column/stove was stoked with coal for heat.

I can see somebody having the Quadriga around these semi-reformed hicks that live around here.

That stove would be dubbed as the phone booth from hell.

karri0n said:
anyone got an equation to convert kw to btu?

BeGreen's answer (~ 24,000) was for the 7kW stove. One kW is equal to 3414 BTU/hour.

That Kephren Stove (the Pyramid with assisted horizontal flue running underneath to a vertical flue)

£6645 United Kingdom Pounds = $9,843.20 USD

Holy smokes batman!

Status
Not open for further replies.