will tightly rolled paper logs damage my new Hearthstone Tribute?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffman3

Hearth Supporter
Nov 20, 2007
S.W. Nebraska
I am having a new Tribute put in about a month from now. I have a truck load of old news papers in the basement, and one of those paper log rollers. My thought was to burn a paper log to supplement the wood when we burn the stove. I know that the instructions that came with the roller say not use in a cat. stove, but the Tribute is a non-cat. I don't know much about the working of these new stoves but I am concerned about damaging the stove and voiding any warranty. I wouldn't burn these paper logs by themselves but only as a supliment to cut wood. What do you think?

I don't think it will harm the stove. But I suspect it will create an abundance of ash. Let us know what you find out.

I think its more work then its worth. A lot of ash, smell up the neighborhood, plus how much are you saving 1 or 2 logs a day.

We tried it once. It was not worth the trouble of making the rolls. Better to send the paper to recycling and burn wood.

Papers are for reading not heating and wood is for warming.
Please,stick with the wood and you cant go wrong. :cheese:

Status
Not open for further replies.