Winslow PS40 Pellet Stove - Lazy Flame and Dies after 20 minutes to 2 hours

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Flava44

Mar 3, 2021
Hi all,
New to the forum here hoping to find a solution for my Winslow PS40 Pellet Stove. It was running great for awhile, starts up fine, but dies out after 20 minutes to 2 hours. Here is a list of everything I have tried

Cleaned the stove thoroughly including
Fire switch
Combustion blower
Convection blower
Flue gas passageways
Vacuumed the pellet stove bin near the auger
Using premium pellets

I need new gaskets on the cumbustion blower and convection blower and ordering those today, what is on there currently is no good and needs to be replaced.

Any ideas to try next much appreciated!

Combustion air issue. Insufficient combustion air. Could be anything from dirty venting (you suck it out with a leaf blower?) to a dry bearing in the combustion fan motor (noisy maybe). I suspect restricted venting that needs to be cleaned out. I'd do that first. Dry motor bearings in the combustion fan motor will impede fan speed and cause insufficient draft. You issue is in the combustion air supply so everything is suspect.

Reactions: Ssyko