Winter Update.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Turned on every fan I own. But them outside and pointed them all to the east. Seems to be working, storm is going out to sea but I appear to have pulled in some Canadian cold air with a temp of 0 right now. I'll take that over more snow.

wonder what BB is doin, just head a faint scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smlcam.jpg
ch 13 lynchburg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday early morning walking the pup in -24 deg C (-28 with windchill). -23 C this morning and pretty much same for tonight. I think we tied or broke another coldest day record. I shoveled a foot or so off the roof at camp last weekend just as a precaution, anticipating a couple more snowstorms before "Spring" gets here. Cleared the driveway, there's a good chance I'll still be running the snowblower in April. Snow covered the propane tank completely, my utility trailer is somewhere in the front yard (I hope ;lol). Standing on @ 5' of snow pack at the edge of the shoreline - looking down at the tops of a couple of small alders sticking up between my feet. With the southern exposure this stretch usually is the first to melt down to the rocks but it's not even close right now. The folks along the rivers here are worried - if we get a quick warm up now and all this lets go fast there's gonna be a big mess.

I got through the last couple winters with 1 tank of propain keeping me at a no freeze. This season I started with 60%, ran that down to almost empty, filled up, used well over half of that already, and looking to fill again in a couple weeks.

I never thought I'd say it, but I miss my lawnmower....;lol

Radio today talking about that weather bomb hitting the Maritimes. 50 cm new snow and wind gusts to 160km/hr in some areas. Stay warm and safe out there...

Ya, we're getting weather bombed all right. Started at my place about 3 hours ago. Supposed to get in the area of 16" (for you who don't speak cms.) of snow, with blizzard conditions.

The real kicker is, they're saying the same thing is coming for Sunday, all over again.

This has been the craziest longest hardest winter I can remember. Isn't it almost April for *****'s sakes?

(Insert favourite cuss word...)

Oh boy. That's unreal.

Isn't it almost April for *****'s sakes?

I think someone here coined some new "months" last season ("Marchuary", or something like that...?).

It was -25 C (-32 with windchill) at 6:00 a.m. today. The usual walk with the pup and freezing my a$$ off again. Crazy. But at least it's a bright sunny day now and the temp is climbing - I think we're looking at approaching freezing temps by the weekend (but a bit of snow likely attached to that system).

I feel for you guys out along the east coast, this winter is circling back for yet another kick in the gut.

The Maritimes are going to get slammed so is downeast Maine. It's cold here today, was windy earlier but I see signs that we may see sunshine before the afternoon's done. Here's hopin' the next one rides in on a warmer air mass.

That "visual" perfectly coincides with the increase in wind we've seen in the past couple of hours. It was "calm" for a spell, guess the "eye" was moving past.

Fess up. You wanted to be a weatherman. Didn't ya? ;lol

It's great. I get a better storm prediction here than I do on the local news. Better links to maps that have all the info too.

I'm just glad Doug is on the east coast close (relatively speaking) by. It's a much more thorough outlook than accuweather.

Thanks Doug! :)

Reactions: BrotherBart
No such thing.
I lost math in the 50's with the change to what was called "modern math", to be truthful I quit on it. no math background early, no meteorology chance. have a day. what I post is not my stuff. I always try to give credit from it's source. read people I respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.