Winter Wood for 2012 and future

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glennm

Burning Hunk
Hearth Supporter
Dec 26, 2010
S Ontario
Hi:

I lurk here almost every day and don't post very often. I have been heating with wood for a long time now (over 40 years) I have a really nice supply of firewood on hand and have it stored outside covered with tin and also two sheds full. I thought I would post some photo's -- I will get the level out for the next pile and see if I can get it up to the standard around here.

I will put the photos in a couple of posts.

Thanks for looking
Glenn

Last Import - 01.jpg
Last Import - 02.jpg
Last Import - 03.jpg
Last Import - 04.jpg
Last Import - 05.jpg
Last Import - 06.jpg

And a few more pics:

Last Import - 07.jpg

Attachments

• Last Import - 08.jpg
    Last Import - 08.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 157
  • Last Import - 09.jpg
    Last Import - 09.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 173
  • Last Import - 10.jpg
    Last Import - 10.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 145
  • Last Import - 11.jpg
    Last Import - 11.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 175
  • Last Import - 12.jpg
    Last Import - 12.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 151
Holy Firewood!!!

Beautiful stacks. No need to be any straighter than that..

Thats a Whole LOT of WOOD!...!...! Thanks for sharing, now I gotta go cut more wood :( LOL

Looks good from this angle, too! I'd say you're set to go for quite a few years, what kind of wood makes up your stacks? By the way, this is one of the only sites on the planet where one man can say to another man "you got some nice wood, and a lot of it" and not get punched in the face.....lol....

AWESOME!
Great stacks, great shed, great pictures.
I read you use got the level out, it looks like it, probably a laser too :)
hundreds of cords there, probably all high BTU hardwood ;)

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Beautiful.

Money in the bank.

It's a great feeling to know that you've already done the work and can keep yourself warm... no matter what happens.

JP

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Looks good from this angle, too! I'd say you're set to go for quite a few years, what kind of wood makes up your stacks? By the way, this is one of the only sites on the planet where one man can say to another man "you got some nice wood, and a lot of it" and not get punched in the face.....lol....

Too funny,,, but true

Thanks for the comments everyone. A lot of ash, some elm, cherry, apple, birch, iron wood,maple, pine and poplar. 2/3's of it is 2 years old. I think there is around 30 full cords there. The bigger shed is 8 x 16 x7 (around 7 cords) and that is all oak/ash cherry. I also cut some lumber last year.

Thanks for the comments everyone. A lot of ash, some elm, cherry, apple, birch, iron wood,maple, pine and poplar. 2/3's of it is 2 years old. I think there is around 30 full cords there. The bigger shed is 8 x 16 x7 (around 7 cords) and that is all oak/ash cherry. I also cut some lumber last year.
And I though my 25 cords was something......WOW! I gotta get out there and get cutting again!

Great pics. Lots a whole lotta wood. How much do you burn in a typical season?

Very nice. Always great to see more pics.I quit trying to explain to other family members & friends our reasoning (and my choice) for wanting to stay a few yrs ahead with our wood supplies.;) Only my parents understand & agree,I think living in a rural area during the Great Depression helped instill those beliefs.I enjoy cutting so much now,even years later that I'd still probably do that to keep in shape on my days off even if I stopped burning *gasp* or didnt have places to cut.:cool:

Glenn, you have no need to raise your stacking standards. You wood stacks will equal the best!

I couldn't help but notice right off that you had a good supply of white ash. Guess the bug got to you too?

Reactions: mfglickman
Awesome!

That is downright outstanding! Good job. And thanks for the cool pics.

Those stacks look unreal! Great job! And I like the varieties of wood you have - some for shoulder season and some for mid-winter. Well done!

We're allowed to say that?!

Ohhhhhh that's just friggin great! I thought my 8 years plus was an accomplishment then along comes Glenn! Now I gotta go cut more wood! Damnit Glenn. :( Lol....
Tks for sharing those nice pics. Nice job. Do you go out for a stroll and admire all your hard work like I do from time to time?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: ScotO
Yup, the EAB is here and there are more dead trees to cut this fall. I burn about 4 cords a year so I have plenty for now. I walk around and look at it almost every day, I find that very calming!
My son helped me cut a lot of that, he is moving into a house with a stove this winter, I think he may be looking for some handouts ;+(

Status
Not open for further replies.