Wood delivery

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jan Pijpelink

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2015
South Jersey
Oak and Maple delivered 3 cords for $350. MC is about 15-20% in fresh splits.

I have about 3 cords in big rounds still to be split and 1 cord already c/s/s

Attachments

• Wood delivery
    IMG_0977.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 365
Oak and Maple delivered 3 cords for $350. MC is about 15-20% in fresh splits.

I have about 3 cords in big rounds still to be split and 1 cord already c/s/s

That's great! I will say though, stick with that wood supplier, bc most will bring you wet wood. Was it a wood guy or someone selling from CL or something like that?

I hate to be the guy that says this, but that doesn't look like 3 cords to me, it looks like about 2. When stacked out neatly and tightly 3 cords would measure 3 rows wide (assuming the average split length is in the 16" range) by 4ft high and 24ft long.

I hate to be the guy that says this, but that doesn't look like 3 cords to me, it looks like about 2. When stacked out neatly and tightly 3 cords would measure 3 rows wide (assuming the average split length is in the 16" range) by 4ft high and 24ft long.

He says: "I have about 3 cords in big rounds still to be split and 1 cord already c/s/s"

I assume the picture is of the 1 cord already cut, split and stacked.

Outstanding deal! Even if that is shy of three full cords, that's still an awesome buy given the quality of the wood and moisture content.

Outstanding deal! Even if that is shy of three full cords, that's still an awesome buy given the quality of the wood and moisture content.
Ohhh jeez totally read that wrong

Reactions: SeanBB
He says: "I have about 3 cords in big rounds still to be split and 1 cord already c/s/s"

I assume the picture is of the 1 cord already cut, split and stacked.

If that is a picture of 1 cord, that is a mighty big cord, at least in these here parts.

It is 3 cords, there is stack on the side which is not in the picture. 3 trailer loads 10 x 6

It is 12 wide, 8 deep and average almost 5 high. Most splits are 16-18. And there is a 4x4x4 on the side, not in the picture.

Tree service who had a CL ad.
That's the way to do it. Some of my best scores have come that way, you just have to be quick to respond. Most work on a same day time line. We had a tree service the other day offering a small log truck of unsplit, uncut, maple logs for free. Just had to be there to accept it that day.