Wood Fireplace Inserts..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ZB1980

Dec 11, 2020
Wisconsin
Hello all, I am looking at installing a wood fired fireplace insert in my home. The dealer/installer that I am dealing with caries Hearthstone and Pacific Energy brands. I really like the Hearthstone Green Mountain 70 Insert. I like the looks of it and seems simple enough to operate. The other option he gave me was the Pacific Energy NEO 1.6 or 2.5 depending on what will fit in my old fireplace. Does anyone here have any experience with these two brands and what would anyone here possibly recommend? I am OK wit either one, I do not plan on heating my whole house with this fireplace, just supplemental heat when I am there or back up if the power goes out, which rarely happens in my area, plus I have back up. My home is a single level with a partially finished basement, built in 1947. The upper level is about 2400 square feet. Thanks.

Both are long established brands. The GreenMountain line is new, so we have little data. The Neo has been around for awhile and works well. If you choose that insert, go for the larger Neo 2.5. unless the room it will be in is fairly small.