Wood Rack

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

RobbieB

Feeling the Heat
Feb 19, 2017
Central CA
My place is so small I had to build one. It's 11 inches wide, 12 inches deep and 19 inches high.

33259109891_3ee3f4ce4f_z.jpg

Made of eighth inch steel angle and bar, bent, drilled and welded, now primer grey. Gonna be flat black tomorrow.

Is this for your stove room? Its going to last you! Nice Job!

Very nice! When you finish that one, come to my house...;)

Reactions: PA. Woodsman
Nice little rack Robbie, what are the drilled holes for?

My place is so small I had to build one. It's 11 inches wide, 12 inches deep and 19 inches high.

View attachment 195890

Made of eighth inch steel angle and bar, bent, drilled and welded, now primer grey. Gonna be flat black tomorrow.
Real nice. You're gonna post a picture or two when it's painted, and inside and, then a couple when you have it all filled, right? ;-)

All done. I changed the aluminum channel to steel tubing, everything else was steel and added a stainless steel handle on top. Acorn nuts of course;

View attachment 196018

Here it is all loaded and ready for Fall;

View attachment 196019

It's supposed to hit 82 today, I'll be getting the shorts on - :)
That is some sweet custom action. I really enjoy when stuff is made specifically from scratch to fit right where and how you want it. Also enjoyed all the pictures. Well done, Robbie.

Nice job on that. Real nice set-up there as well. What kind of stove do you have?

Hate to sound like a Debby downer, but you might be putting the wood a bit too close to the stove. I'll let others chime in on this one. Very nice rack though