Wood shed filled to capacity.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
Took advantage of the ninety plus degree weather and loaded my 10X12X8 tall woodshed to maximum capacity.Took vacation this week to accomplish this.ATV and John Deere cart made lots of trips.
loading.jpg
loading1.jpg

I use that same plastic dump trailer to haul wood places where I can't get the big trailer. I was going to get a quad to bring it into the woods this year, but it turns out that a used pickup is cheaper than a used quad, so I did that instead. :p

I have a similar trailer...the one they sell at tractor supply from Ohio Steel. I built sides for it to load much more wood.
Kinda ironic Ohio "steel" and its mostly plastic.

View attachment 200639
I have the same cart now for 5 years, stored outside, that cart is impossible to break, absolutely love it, great ground clearance, lite weight, and not overly expensive

Reactions: Jeffm1
I have a similar trailer...the one they sell at tractor supply from Ohio Steel. I built sides for it to load much more wood.
Kinda ironic Ohio "steel" and its mostly plastic.

View attachment 200639
Actually was going to buy that cart from TS,but JD large 17 cu ft capacity and 1000lb payload sold me,on sale at $399.00. A little pricey but not overly for what you get,handles nice ,good tires and really no need for sides.My Rubbermade lasted 10 years and I gave it away still very usable.The comparable Rubbermade cart to JD's was over $300 more.

i use my lawn tractor and have one of those cheap folding trailers you get at harbor freight. under 400 but over 300 depending on model. i put 1/2 to 3/4 of a cord on it. 4x8 trailer works well. now i just got to built a wood shed. looking here i won't get one built that looks like anything here but i'll try

Reactions: Soundchasm
Ok so I am getting old and my eyes sometimes deceive me, but that second pic looks like you have splits defying gravity... :confused:

Reactions: Soundchasm
Ok so I am getting old and my eyes sometimes deceive me, but that second pic looks like you have splits defying gravity... :confused:

That's how dry it is. ;)

Reactions: Hasufel
Its a good feeling right? I just went nuts building a shed that holds 8 cords in my driveway for the past month, The shed is complete and filled, it looks to nice to pull any splits from it lol, was thinking about hitting up so dry wood I have in a heap to load the little garage rack so I could extend my view of looking at a full shed.

You don't have magnetic firewood by you?