Wood Swimming pool heater

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

pulseing

Feb 13, 2015
canada
Just wanted to share a project I built 6 years ago to heat my kids swimming pool. It's all stainless steel, has been running every summer now since I built it without a issue. It will heat the ~10000 gallon above ground pool from ~60f to 90f in about 3 hours. I had issues with it smoking when I tried to run it natural draft, But since I have added a High temp power vent, its completely smokeless except for a few minutes during startup. Once running for a hour or so, the stack temp is around ~350-400.

Cheers!

Attachments

• poolheater1.jpg
    poolheater1.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 439
  • poolheater2.jpg
    poolheater2.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 363
  • poolheater3.jpg
    poolheater3.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 348
  • poolheater5.jpg
    poolheater5.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 334
  • poolheater7.jpg
    poolheater7.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 294
Nice heat exchanger, good for a high flow pool pump. In our old house I heated a 22,000 gal gunite pool with a 300kbtu shell and tube and a 750 gal gunite hot tub with a 100kbtu shell and tube with the Garn, firing rate and demand were close to equal.