Woodstock Refurbished Stove Sale

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
NW Wisconsin
Just wanted to pass this info along. Woodstock is selling refurbs, they have 3 Fireviews for $1500, 4 Keystones for $1400, and 2 Palladians for $1400. You don't get the 6 month warranty but they do a thourough inspection and the price is right. Last March I bought a refurb Keystone and it's like a brand new stove.

Sweet, hope Maintenanceman is reading this post. The Keystone would be perfect for his application.

Todd said:
Just wanted to pass this info along. Woodstock is selling refurbs, they have 3 Fireviews for $1500, 4 Keystones for $1400, and 2 Palladians for $1400. You don't get the 6 month warranty but they do a thourough inspection and the price is right. Last March I bought a refurb Keystone and it's like a brand new stove.

Somebody's on the mailing list...

Yes, Todd needs a 3d stove. LOL.

And it seems as though a name might have been chosen for the new stove . . . Progress Hybrid.

No new name yet, they just call it project hybrid. Last I heard on the new stove was pieces and parts were coming in every day and they are putting it together. Should be ready for sale in Oct.

I expect some help from my friends here to hold me back once this new stove is released. :lol:

Good luck! With this bunch we'll probably be egging everyone to be the first. Heck, if Woodstock wants a field test I would try it.

I'm glad that is not the name of the stove. Progress Hybrid sounds more like the name of a Soviet era car. It should be named something epic like Katahdin.

Yes, there are some bargains for somebody. I would not worry about the 6 month thing. Like Todd stated, those stoves will be basically new.

According to Woodstock's e-mail, the refurbs
. . .have all of our latest upgrades and come with new stove warranties.
I think Todd meant to say that the refurbs don't have the 6-month return policy. . .which means it's the same as buying a brand new stove from any other stove mfr. :)

Todd said:
No new name yet, they just call it project hybrid. Last I heard on the new stove was pieces and parts were coming in every day and they are putting it together. Should be ready for sale in Oct.

I expect some help from my friends here to hold me back once this new stove is released. :lol:

Ah, I thought the new stove was being called Progress Hybrid . . . just as well . . . Progress Hybrid doesn't exactly have the same cachet as Fireview or Palladin or the other stove names in the Woodstock line up.

I received the Woodstock refurb email. However, I have never owned a woodstock, never visited a dealer or even contacted the company. How do you suppose they got my contact info? just curious...

Did you enter their free stove contest?

Nope. I've never had any communication with the company. Not a big deal...I'm always a little curious as to how companies exchange/sell/obtain personal information.

As to the original post...seems like good deals on decent stoves.

Sully

sullystull said:
Nope. I've never had any communication with the company. Not a big deal...I'm always a little curious as to how companies exchange/sell/obtain personal information.

As to the original post...seems like good deals on decent stoves.

Sully

I don't think Woodstock buys email lists.

That's correct. Woodstock Soapstone does not purchase or sell addresses or emails. We own our list and respect the privacy of our customer base. If you were sent an email or catalog and you didn't enter the name or address yourself then perhaps a relative or friend entered it for you. That is the only way we receive them.

mikeh said:
That's correct. Woodstock Soapstone does not purchase or sell addresses or emails. We own our list and respect the privacy of our customer base. If you were sent an email or catalog and you didn't enter the name or address yourself then perhaps a relative or friend entered it for you. That is the only way we receive them.

Since I was correct, do I qualify for a free stove?! I'd be a willing tester for the new stove!

;-P

BrowningBAR said:
mikeh said:

Since I was correct, do I qualify for a free stove?! I'd be a willing tester for the new stove!

;-P

Nice try, you already have enough stoves to keep track of.

Todd said:
BrowningBAR said:
mikeh said:

;-P

You are not helping! The Vig needs to go!

mikeh said:

But then Mike knows a few guys like Todd and I who just can't seem to stay quiet about these stoves....

BrowningBAR said:
Todd said:
BrowningBAR said:
mikeh said:

;-P

They take trade in smoke dragons's at Woodstock.

mikeh said:

I could very easily be having a "stoner" moment and simply not remember signing up for something--very possible :coolsmile: For the record, I never accused woodstock of selling/purchasing contact info...I was just curious. You guys pump out a great product from what I gather and seem like a very top-notch company.

So, sully, it appears you have read the brochures and have read about Woodstock on this forum so you know they are the top-notch company you refer to. Good man!

BrowningBAR said:
Todd said:
BrowningBAR said:
mikeh said:

;-P

You might ought to pull the trigger - these are great deals!

Good luck,
Bill

I am also on the mailing list and I immediately thought that the new stove's name was the Progress Hybrid. Still think it might be. I hate to complain but that is a pretty lame name.

After seeing Todd's new scoop design to match the SS cat it does appear that WS is using their thinking caps. Now about that thermostat....

Status
Not open for further replies.