Woodstove insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tn_archer

Sep 2, 2017
223pmagg
Bought a house with a wood burning g fireplace that has no blower. I was raised on wood heat and our last house we put a free standing woodstove in the basement which was also our living room for supplemental heat. I was thinking of putting a inset in our fireplace bit don't know where to start. Any installation tips or info I should know about? I do know I'll want to install a stainless steel flu liner.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

What kind of fireplace?

One important bit of info is that you will want the liner to be insulated. It's a code requirement and will add safety and some more efficiency to to your install. Beware that many installers will try to talk you out of insulation to be able to give a lower bid for your job. But don't go for that. Many helpful, knowledgeable folks on here, you'll get some great info so you can get it done right...the first time.