Work 4 Sunday

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I planted 1 year bare root seedlings. I've lost about 12, but the rest are doing good. This the second year. The hemlocks in the sun are growing fast. I also planted some Douglas Fir, Spruce and cedar. Only a few of the cedar are surving. Think I mgoing to try some black wanut next.
Next year I want to try some Red Oak, the Cedar is something we have talked about planting around the house in the woods.

I changed all the plans for today (twice) hauled two loads of Cherry from the tree I cut yesterday then hauled down five loads from up top from the Cherry I cut a couple of weeks ago, I still have one or two more loads of Cherry up top.

Made a little Cherry lane (smells great) but will move when something opens up or I make a new stacking area.
zap

Attachments

• 100_6355.JPG
    100_6355.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 144
  • 100_6356.JPG
    100_6356.JPG
    199.3 KB · Views: 211
  • 100_6357.JPG
    100_6357.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 152
  • 100_6360.JPG
    100_6360.JPG
    178.2 KB · Views: 131
  • 100_6364.JPG
    100_6364.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 158
  • 100_6365.JPG
    100_6365.JPG
    167.9 KB · Views: 132
  • 100_6366.JPG
    100_6366.JPG
    193.1 KB · Views: 126
Zap what a beautiful manicured forest. Must be great for XC skiing or snowshoeing. The wildlife must be abundant too.

Yes, the sweet smell is nice. How did you make it through the two storms?
zap
We were very lucky with both storms. Sandy missed us to the north and really spared us her worst. I really feel for those just a few dozen miles from us. What a disaster. I did see some big hickory and oaks down on a wood lot that I have the ok to go cut in. Maybe next month I'll go get some.

Zap what a beautiful manicured forest. Must be great for XC skiing or snowshoeing. The wildlife must be abundant too.
Thanks scroungerjeff, we keep the trails clean but have areas that are just a mess. We're just hoping we get enough snow for XC this year, last year sucked.

zap

Nice work looks like some nice wood.

Nice work looks like some nice wood.
Thanks corey21. We always have Cherry in the stacks, my first hill I ever cut on (never been back since) had 13-14 Cherry down from a micro burst in 2008, that hill kick the chit out of me but we had some nice firewood.

In the first pic 6355 if I turn the rhino around so it would be going in the direction the back of the wagon is facing I'll be heading toward that dreaded hill. :oops:
zap

Stay safe on that hill i recently got a small load of locust from a steep hill don't know if i will go back for more.

Reactions: zap
Stay safe on that hill i recently got a small load of locust from a steep hill don't know if i will go back for more.
Next time I go back on the hill it will be on the rhino from a new trail off of the main trail, I want a trail that leads on top of the hill. That is one of about three areas that never had a trail for a regular size truck on it, before next winter I'll have one for the rhino.

The part of the hill I worked on was not that steep but it had so much dead stuff down it made working it that much harder.
zap

Status
Not open for further replies.